O/T Daughter in trouble at school (funny) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

O/T Daughter in trouble at school (funny)

Last summer we spent a week in Virginia in a cabin. Wandering around one day we stumbled on Cooter's Garage, as in The Dukes of Hazzard Cooter [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Needless to say I turned around and we stopped in. It's about what you'd expect, a converted country garage selling t-shirts, photos, General Lee models, fried catfish etc. with a well worn General Lee out front. A bluegrass band was there playing that day too. NO Cooter though [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] or Daisy Duke[img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Anyway we took some pics and my 16 yr old daughter bought a Cooter's Garage t-shirt. "Cooter's Garage", Drawing of a tow truck and the saying "Breaker Breaker Crazy Cooter coming at ya" on it.

She was called into the code enforcement teacher's office and told not to wear it again as it was inappropriate. She asked for an explanation. Was told by MRS. FERG the code cop that COOTER is todays slang for a part of the female anatomy that sounds like Virginia [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Daughter busted out laughing and asked if MRS. FERG ever heard of the Dukes of Hazzard..she hadn't.

She's gonna take in a photo her mom took of her and I standing by the General Lee in front of a big COOTERS sign. We'll probably be arrested for child endangerment or something [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: O/T Daughter in trouble at school (funny)

That is pretty funny and ridiculous at the same time. Having worked in schools and with children I see adults becoming dumb all the time. It's funny, in high school I had a buddy that wore a Suicidal Tendencies shirt (They are a band for those that don't know) to school often and not one person approached him. Ironic? Who knows?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:55 PM

just how old is ths Mrs ferg? 92? senile? Sheesh! That ties in with this silly gel braclet rumor the media
is pushing... CNN Hype...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 10:07 PM

Almost pissed myself with that one. Yes, I grew up watching the Dukes.... and yes, i've also heard of Cooter's slang meaning.... never put the 2 together.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 05:33 AM

I always thought the slang was called "pooter"...geez, maybe I had the wrong entrance?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 07:09 AM

That is too funny! Duke Boys was my favorite show when I was little, that sounds like something those idiots at my old school would say. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]schools today [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 08:25 AM

That's too funny.
I stop at Cooter's when I go camping in Va. Their COOTER BUTTER is great. Its a kind of peach based bread spread. I get funny looks from friends raiding my frig when they see the jar. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 12:08 PM

man, i used to love watching the dukes of hazzard!!! who the hell has never heard of them????
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 02:55 PM
PAolo

Amazing... I grew uo watching the Dukes IN ITALY!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM

PAolo, Were you disapointed when you came over to the US? [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode