Thoughts on 33x9.5 on SPOA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Thoughts on 33x9.5 on SPOA

I am doing an SPOA lift soon and was thinking about getting 33x9.5 to go with it. Can anyone tell me if they are running the same setup and if they like it.
Anyone else with suggestions or comments please feel free to post them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Old Hand

Re: Thoughts on 33x9.5 on SPOA

I'm running 33x12.5's under my sammi w/a 6.5 RRO SPOA cut the front bumper and did some 10 ld hammer body work in side the wheel well ( front infront of the cab )
I runn with no probs ..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Got a sammy in the shop right now with a RRO 5.5 SPOA, it came in with 31x10.5's (50% tread). I put 99% tread 32x11.5's on it to see what it looked like... no problems at all. The tires (bfg MT's) are true 32" tall. There isn't a ton of room but for what I'm going to do with it, it'll be fine.

I'd bet those 33's (tsl's?) are closer to the 32" mark. That is the only reason I commented.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll go with the 5.5 to 6" Breeze lift then.
As far as the tires..... What do you think the sability will be like. Is 9.5 too narrow? I have met someone in a club recently who is running them and he loves them, calls them buzzsaws. I'm pretty much convinced to get them but just had concerns about how stable the truck will be considering the lift.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I like narrow tires personally. And, for your type of mods they'll probably work great. They'll be stable... I'm not sure what tire we are referring to but if it is an interco, for some reason I am assuming it is, they have stiff sidewall. You probably wouldn't notice movement at regular tire pressure. Oh and by the way, the "stable" I am referring to is of side wall flex/stability, not lift or center of gravity.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

I am looking at getting used so whatever I find. I have seen some BFG MT and I like them.
The "Stable" that I need information on is the center of gravity. Do you have these size tires? If so can you comment on there stability as far as height and feel on the road. I am not looking for race car handling but it must have good road manners.

Thanks
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I ran 32x11.50 BFG MT's on my Tintop Samurai, and it was really tall. The center of gravity was much higher but on the street I felt like it wouldn't roll. I never pushed it's limits though. The times I did roll my zook I believe it had nothing to do with the height. They had more to do with driver error, and both were off road.

I had around 9 inches of lift, well that is what it measured over the old junk I had on it. The specs were: SPOA HD Cj's F&R and 1 inch ML's. I haven't driven the 5.5 inch lifted sammy yet but just from the height I can tell the thing will be like a go cart compared to my old set-up. And my old set-up worked decent, a little jarring but that's beside the point. You have to get used to anything that is raised-up considerable amounts, it will change the characteristics but nothing you can't handle. You won't be flipping your rig at any legal speed on the road. I've had my rig seriously side-hilled to where I was nervous and everyone outside of the rig said it looked safe.

I know a few guys that do run narrower tires than what I had and my buddy has sold a few sets out of his shop. They work well for guys not going hard core... more like a hunting vehicle or something with a plow on it.

All that being said, I think they'll work for you, I wouldn't worry about stability. Worry about that when you have those little pizza cutters under a jacked-too-high rig. That's when problems start. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

As posted above I am looking for used 33's so the height of the tire will be a little off from a newer one. I don't plan on doing anything other than this for a while on the suspension so I should be good.

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode