Springs from JC Whitney ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Springs from JC Whitney ??

JC Whitney carries stock replacement Wrangler leaf springs. They carry a front 4 leaf, a rear 5 leaf and a rear 6 leaf HD spring. What do you'all think about these springs, rather than running a worn out used set ?? I'm planning to swap in some YJ springs into my Sammi. Right now there is no drivetrain, but what is going in is a 4.3 Vortec. Another poster had mention that his springs were toast half way up the rubicon. Mabey those 6 leaf jobs would be good up front ?? They are about $69-$76 Any suggestions ??

[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Springs from JC Whitney ??

I don't know whre you live, but are you going to be running the Con? Did this guy toast "new" wrangler springs? I'd say go with the non HD springs you'll enjoy the ride better.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

I think he was running a used set. I'm in Califoria.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I think Pugrocker has the Wrangler springs from Whitney... PM him... I know his rig rides really sweet.......
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:41 AM
pugrocker

John:

YES - I am running JC Whitney springs. BUT I am not running Wrangler springs I am running 5 leaf REAR CJ springs which are the same width and length as Wrangler springs (46" Long x 2.5" Wide) but they are a stiffer spring. After doing months of research all I kept reading was about how people had to make hybrid / custom spring packs with the YJ springs so instead I just went with a firmer spring rate and I couldn't be happier. They ride great, flex amazing and do not contribute to any additional body roll on the street versus my older setup (RUFs with Front CJ springs in the back). They also provided about 1"-1-1/2" more lift over that old setup as well - I can assume this is b/c the other springs were old and worn.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
.....rear 6 leaf HD spring

[/ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere that the JC Whitney 6 leaf YJ springs are WAY TOO STIFF for a Sammy.

If you are going to go with a standard 5 leaf YJ spring and you want to buy new I would recommend Rubicon Express over JC. RE has some really nice products and they have a direct replacement OEM style spring pack. They did not have an OEM CJ rear spring pack setup or I probably would have bought them from RE. As far as spring life I have only had them on a couple of months so I will have to wait and see.....BTW I run them with the TT YJ Kit.

IM me if you have any other questions.
If you do a search on this board and the Jeep boards you will find a lot of information on the JC Whitney springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode