TCase shifter removal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

TCase shifter removal

Hey folks. I'm home on leave and decided while I'm here I'd like to get some installing done. I already put the Breeze steering setup on, and the trailtough front bumper (Both of which are worth every penny, I'm really impressed with the quality of each.) I have the transfer case loose and ready to come out, all three bolts loose, driveshafts removed. Having two problems. One, the philips screw that holds the speedo gear (At least that's what I think it is) won't budge and the new tcase I bought doesn't come with it. I guess ezout it and replace it new? Two, I have both boots off the transfer case shifter, and can't figure out how to pull the shifter. I tried pulling the tcase all the way out with it on but couldn't do it. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I'd love to get to drive this thing before I go back to Kuwait. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Old Hand

Re: TCase shifter removal

push down on the "ring" under the boots---where the shifter goes in.

Turn counter-clockwise about a quarter turn & it should pop up.

take the shifter out.

Brad.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 02:37 PM
SilverZuk

I believe I just pushed down on the top of the shifter and rotated it counterclockwise.

The philips screw is also a 8 or 10 mm bolt head as well as I remember.
If not, go get an impact screw driver (about $7) and hit. I never had any problems with mine.

If you want, I have directions for the Calmini gear install at the house. You will probably be done with it before I can get them to you.

Give me a call if you need any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 02:39 PM

shouldnt be a screw should be a 10mm head bolt unless some one replaced it wich would be bad concidering if i recall the tip is reduced in diameter
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Mine is definitely a phillips screw, maybe one of those 88.5 things? SilverZuk, I bought the whole case from Roadless so I could just sling it in. Got the Breeze kit on today, that thing is pure beef. If I can get the tcase in and the tires mounted, I can at least test drive it on my street. Still have to fix the front perches where I forgot to redrill them when I installed my RUF kit back in Feb. Then I just have to install my Ford shock brackets and bend up one metal brake line for the back and it's ready to rock. I'm getting there.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Can't Get Enough

Have a nice time while you're home and THANKS FOR SERVING YOUR COUNTRY.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

I'm sure trying to -- I appreciate the kind words. Got the tcase in with the Spidertrax polymount kit and the Mighty Kong. It's actually starting to look like a trail rig. Can't wait to get it on the road. Not sure if it will happen before I go back but I'm much closer than I was. One metal brake line and have to move the front axle forward 3/4". Once those DT8000's get off backorder and I get my set from NCO I'll be good to hook. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode