Price Issues - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 05:00 PM
ChrisBrown

Price Issues

Ok, I have so far, found 2 samis for sale in about a 50 mile radius of myself. One and bone stocker with 56k miles its a 1988 looks good for 3050. But, I have also found another 88 with an spoa 1.6 16v engine, miles not known, and looks to be a finished project for 3700. Now, is there anything wrong with these prices? Is the bone stocker too much or the lifted one too low? I wouldnt buy the lifted one anyway, I would like to start out with a bone stock one. Just checking, dont feel like getting robbed blind.
Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 06:44 PM
JCC

Re: Price Issues

Over 3k is a bit too much, I think. Look on Ebay and see what they are going for. I bought my 88 for $500. It needed tuning up cleaning up and a new top, but I have been driving it a year and a half. I also have a hard top model that I got for $700 that was in much better shape but needed tranny work. Got a tranny off Ebay. Then I found a 88.5 in real good shape with a blown motor. Got it for $350.
If you keep looking you will find a better deal. JCC
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:30 PM

After 6 months of looking I found my '88 w/60k shiny factory paint, removable targa hard top, and a engine bay you could eat off of for $2400. It was never in the dirt and had the factory tires on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:36 PM
ChrisBrown

Thats what I thought too. 6 months...I dont have that long. I have never thought of ebay. I have never bought a car off of there. Is there any hassles? Besides shipping. And, I am guessing to go and take a look see before bidding.
Thanks,
Chris
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:02 AM
Zukini

Take your time and keep looking. You will find something, and for a lot better price! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 10:03 AM

If you are going to off-road it, don't buy a nice one. I paid $2400 for my first one. 6 months later it looked like the ones you see for $500.

After I flipped the first one, I bought a $500 one.

The way people are cutting zuks up now, you could probably do OK with a $50 zuk

Me personally, I would start with a stock one. I don't trust other peoples welding (and their damn 110v wally-world welders)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode