Off Roading Forums banner

Dual toyota transfer cases in a sidekick/tracker ?

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lonezuk 
#1 ·
Does anyone have Dual toyota transfer cases in a sidekick/tracker ?

How about someone with a SOS Ringer and toyota cases in a sidekick/tracker ?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep, Ol'Dirty Brent is ordering a Marlin set-up this week too (I am going with 4.7's in the rear). I don't think anything will be tougher than that... only problem is my weak link is now my auto trans... I'm looking into modding that too.

#5 ·
You'll still need the kicker 4 to run it. The price is nice on the AA adapter but after doing some extensive research I opted against that route.

I like the Marlin set-up MC07 being billet and having better bearings (I'm thinking longevity and downright-beatability). The 4.7's are mostly because I don't want to spend a day grinding when 15 minutes will do. I think 4.7 is plenty low running with the auto. If it isn't slow enough I'll always have an option of running something in the first case, like a 4.0 which would net somewhere in the range of 280:1, and I don't think I'll be needing that.

However, the price difference is so different that you'll be able to get most of your stuff for the price of my kit without the ott adapter. I'm just trying to eliminate weak links... man, how many times will I say that. Maybe I should coin the name of my rig the weak link. I'm scared the weak link will end up being a dana 60 30 spline axle... now that's irony.

Post up some pics if you get yours together before me... The majority of my build will be January and February. I am counting down!

#6 ·
I went with inchworm for the billet adapter.
The bearing size should make that much of a difference since they are the same spec as what Toyota called for, other parts of the transfer case will be just as failure prone.
The AA 5.0 gears were selected since they not much deeper for the price and the lower gears make a big difference on the rocks
Left me know how you setup works out in the end.

LoneZuk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.