A few Suzuki Questions. - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: A few Suzuki Questions.

if you just want to run 30's, do a spring over axle lift using stock springs. Its fairly easy and cheap to do. If done correctly it will ride better than stock. Plus, if you want to go bigger some day you will already be SPOA. A 4.16 T-case gear set will put you back into the proper RPM range for the 30's. It could be done for around $1000 give or take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 03:09 PM

Like Zooky said....either do a basic spring-over or 3" lift springs.Both will get you where you want to be for 30" tires.On mine I am also using 1" longer shackles so it gives me another 1/2" of lift. I believe I could easily get 31"s under mine without a problem. It all depends on what you want to do. I went with the lift springs because it was an easier option for me....all bolt-on with no cutting,modding or welding.

As for gears... get some 4:16 t-case gears and you will be good to go on and offroad.

If your wanting to spend around $2000 for upgrades I think you will be suprised what that amount of money will do compared to the same amount spent on a Jeep. Lift,gears,rims,tires and prolly still have alittle to play with if you shop wisely.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 03:36 PM

If yo go SPOA. spend a little of the 2K on a good xover steer like the breeze setup to eliminate bump steer.
You want it stable for daily driving. A bit more going thru the sprin bushings replacing with poly and make
sure the kingpins and wheelbearings are good. Its well worthwhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Chris, mine a a daily driver and I'm rather pleased with it's compromises of on road and off road handling. I'm SPUA running a S/R with hybrid rears up front and Rancho 2 1/2" lifted CJ's in the rear with 30's. I don't think I could ask for much more in the on road handling dept. My daily commute is 60 miles round trip and it does it quite nicely. I have replaced the stock seats with RCI seats and they work well for me. I have done marathon road trips and don't mind doing them at all (19 hours non-stop the longest). It all depends on what you feel is comfortable.....I have a bad back and still love long trips in it......
As for major changes, it all depends on what you consider major.....
Funny thing though, I'll bet most folks started out saying they weren't going to do anything major till they really fell in love with the little bugger and then they went hog wild.....
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 04:50 PM
ChrisBrown

I am just planning to run SPUA. What I consider major is switching engines just to run bigger tires. Or changing trannies. Thats what I consider major. And school is 4 hours away, so getting there and then running around is going to be daily. No, I am not going to be driving the 4 hours each day. Just maybe once a month.
Thanks,
Chris
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Like Zooky said, you'll want to use a 4.16 t-case with 30 or 31's.....
post #17 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 06:26 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I am just planning to run SPUA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The RUF/CJ SPUA is probably the least expensive and gives 2.5-3 inches lift. Easy to do too.

A YJ spring conversion look here probably next if you can find cheap YJ springs, although SPUA may not give enough lift with stock springs. Daxe?

Lifted springs easiest but probably worst ride. Search OME springs, guys seem to like them best.

My tires measure 29.4 inches, with all stock gearing I never see 5th BUT around town it stretches 1st out a bit and don't have to shift to 2nd 15 feet from the stop sign like with stock tires[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If your hunting roads don't need a super low ....

Get er tuned up good, get your lift and tires on, try the stock gearing out. May work OK.
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 07:40 PM
ChrisBrown

Sometimes I need low to go on the hunting roads. RUF/CJ, what do you mean by that?
Thanks,
Chris
post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

RUF/CJ, what do you mean by that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rear Up Front &amp; CJ as CJ5 or 7 front springs (2 inches wide but a lot longer)
post #20 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Pooh-Bah

RUF/CJ, what do you mean by that?

[/ QUOTE ]

go about halfway down on this links page
http://www.northcoastoffroad.com/sam...uspensions.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode