The EFI works great..but now I have oil everywhere - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Journeyman

The EFI works great..but now I have oil everywhere

I just swapped in an EFI. I hooked up the fuel pump.....turned the key...no clicky!! Hmmm..always wanted to do the clicky fix...assembled the relay and wires...I had forgotten to attach the lead for the starter!! Dooohhhh [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]

Hooked up the clicky fix and....vroooom!! After six months, my sammie is alive again. Now I have a huge puddle of oil on the ground!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] Never leaked oil before. It looks like it's coming from the front main. I will replace that, the timing belt and oil pan gasket. For pans, do most of you buy gaskets, or make them? I don"t have the air cleaner hooked up and oil was spraying out of the breather pipe off of the cover. My pcv is brand new but I'm guessing there needs to be a vacuum for it to work properly. I'm waiting on the mega flow filter from Rocky Road. Does anyone else use it? How do you like it? Does it have a vacuum hook up for the pvc? Any other guesses on what would be causing the leak?

One more item, I am still in need of a windshield frame assembly with wipers and glass. I only have the driver's side wiper and the glass is starred in several places. Itlived behind a motorhome before I got it. When the frame broke around the wiper, they cut it out and put a plastic cover over it.

Thanks again everyone. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 01:03 PM

Re: The EFI works great..but now I have oil everywhere

If I understood you correctly, you need a port on the intake for PVC vacuum. Not the air cleaner.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Yes, that is what I mean. The air flowing through the intake/filter assembly creates a vacuum. A hose running from the assembly goes to the pcv and reduces the internal air pressure in the engine, eliminating the oil blowing out of the breather tube and hopefully out of the seals as well!! My belief is that without the vacumm the system is reversed. The pvc is sealed off, creating more pressure and making the oil find the path of least resistance. Am I correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 01:51 PM

Yes and no, your theory on not having a vacuum to pull the pressure in the crankcase down is correct, but
the connection between the air filter and induction doesn't pull enough vacuum to do anything. An ideal
Air cleaner would not restrict at all. That's why K&N filters are so popular. Look at the plumbing diagram
under your hood. The pvc is between intake manifole vacuum and the valve cover. The spring inside the
PVC is set to balance this and prevent backflow.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

Do you know if the pcv is the same for a carb and an EFI?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Journeyman

TTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode