A question about swift gti mod. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 11:43 AM
Mud_zuki

A question about swift gti mod.

Hi.
i know this has been up before but i dont seems to find what i want to know.
i have a swift gti 16v motor that i want to put a same 8 valve head on.
but is there someting i must know when i start??
or is everything only "Bolt on".
i just want the swift gti bottom.

If someone can tell me how you did or something. just want to be on the safe side [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

//Tobbe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 11:46 AM

Re: A question about swift gti mod.

The pistons are different, and it won't work. Suzuki engines are interference-type, and the pistons have dishes on them - cutouts on the top of the piston to clear the valves.

The 8v head would interfere with the valve clearance.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Mud_zuki

so it's not possible to convert the 16v to with the same head??
you mean that my valves will interfear with my pistons.

but i belived that it was possible to convert these heads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 12:09 PM

yes you can run the 8 valve samurai head on the swift gti block. several of us do because teh stock bottom ends and 1.6 bottom ends fly apart so easy. yes, the flat top gti pistons WILL work fine but your valve releifs will not match anymore. you will have an interference engine but that is not a big deal just make sure to keep the timing belt in tip top shape. i change mine every spring on my gti hybrid engine.

you will want to use the samurai water pipe that runs out the back side of the water pump, use teh samurai oil pan and oil pickup tube. i used the the samurai crank sprocket and the samurai engine accesories. you must use the same style t-belt sprockets for both the crank and cam (can't mix round and flat teeth ones). samurai motor mounts and 8valve head simply bolt right up. i used teh samurai head bolts cuz i hate the allen head style gti ones because they strip out too easily. almost forgot...i used the samurai waterpump also. use the samurai flywheel and clutch set up and remember if you have a gti engine from an auto car you must remove the small spacer on the rear of the crank.

i have been extreamly happy with mine and have never had an issue with it ever. you will love yours too. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Mud_zuki

THANK YOU. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
this is what i wanted to hear. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
now i will spend my weekend with my zuki

I love this forum"!

//Tobbe
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

A note about using the Samurai oil pan and pickup tube: pay close attention to how the tube fits into the area around the crank , as it will hit unless you bend it to fit . Doesn't take much, and you do have to grind a bit off of the mount arm to clear the crank , just take your time and fit it properly . Also, do not remove the main girdles on the main caps , they will fit into the Sami's oil pump but it is kind of close . Also , be aware that the Swift GT uses a high volume , high pressure pump system and will move a lot more oil than the Sami's bottom end . Watch using heavy oil as you can blow seals easily . Oil pressure cold on 10w30 can hit 80psi , make sure you use a guage rated to 100psi or you may blow it . In cold weather , you may want to use 5w30 or so , dependin upon how well the crank is fitted , bearing condition , ect . Also, when you install the crankshaft center bolt , try to use the least worn of the bolts , and use locktite and torque it to around 75lbs or will come loose and eat the crank keyway out . Other than that , don't ever let the timing belt slip....!!!
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode