$240 for 4 195 60 15 goodyear aquatread EMT good?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

$240 for 4 195 60 15 goodyear aquatread EMT good??

Here's some links:
http://www.goodyear.ca/tires/tirecat...AQSTEMTTL.html

http://www.academic.marist.edu/~jzej/PartII.htm
cool info.

Evening all. I am in DESPERATE need of new tires for the x-90. The swampers are just not going to cut it. I'm able to buy 4 new goodyear aquatred (Goodyear’s Aquasteel EMT (extended mobility tire)) for 55~60 dollars each. They are 195 60 15 tires, about 1/2" or so shorter than the stock x-90 tires.

They look nice and it's wet here in Fl. Any input?

I need a good tire that's quiet and cheap (NAME BRAND!) [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
General/cooper/generics aren't really desired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 11:15 PM

Re: $240 for 4 195 60 15 goodyear aquatread EMT good??

THose are good tires and that seems to me to be a good price. Why so short? Why not a 70 or 75 series
and a 215 or 235? Surely something taller than that is available. That 195 60 calculates to a 24.2 inch tire.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 01:12 PM

Re: $240 for 4 195 60 15 goodyear aquatread EMT go

[Tire Tech Hat ON]
Goodyear tires are OK, is there a reason you think you want EMT tires? Generally the ride like crap. Ask any new Mini owner, I put a set of snows on one last week and the owner said it rides a zillion times better. Personally I dislike Goodyear, they seem to be overpriced and not as high quality as one would expect. You seem to pay extra for the little winged boot. Tires are a you get what you pay for item. Cheep tires are usually in fact cheap tires. I haven't actually used the Aquatread EMT's but I am sure they meet Goodyears mediocre requirements. $240 sounds like a steal for EMT's so I wonder why they are that cheap. I can't seem to find any info on a Aquatred EMT, are they Aquatred 3's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 04:49 PM
wolf66

The X90 take up to 215/70/15's no problem and the beefer tire makes it look tougher and add to ground clearance.

Try tirerack.com and look at the Yoko Avid ST
or do what i just did, go to Walmart.com , they have free shipping to your local walmart, i put AT Liberator 225/75/15's for $50 each on my X90. I do have a 1" lift and cut fenders so you will need the 215/70's or smaller.
The Liberator's are made for Walmart by BFGoodrich.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1222602-215X215.jpg (17.0 KB, 2 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2003, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I've got the SUPER samurai for all my 4x4 needs, this will be a daily driver only. Ookokokok, so I might go to the sand pit [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ya'll find them under aquasteel emt tires, they are the aquatred 2 I think? Great wet/dry traction and a QUIET ride are my pointers. HAa, the samurai gives me a nice rough ride [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode