Stolen - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 10:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stolen

i got a few questions for you guys, first off does anyone have the samurai emblem that goes on the grill that their willing to part with. my was stolen more like just ripped off at work, since i work the late shift at wal mart it could have been anyone, im suzuki-less. it just doesnt feel right driving it like that. next are there any toyota axle that off centered like the samurai cause i read some where on the net that said it will vibrate if its not straight if so what year? and if not what is the best year to use for axles on a toyota? another question where do you guys buy your weatherstripping the one that goes around the door? ok last question have any of you guys made a roll cage for a tintop? if so do you have any pics? one last thing anyone selling thier axles witht the perches welded on alreadya nd if so how much for both front and rear?

thanks guys [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 11:49 AM

Re: Stolen

I can't say for certain if you'll have vibes or not because some do and some don't. What I can suggest is that you do what I'll be doing. Mine is just the opposite and I need that rear centered exactly. It's actually offset about an inch to the pass side. Too much for me, not enough for you [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm going to run a 2" backspaced rim on the pass. side rear and slide the diff over an inch. That way the rear axle stays centered and the diff flange is actually in center. For you, put that 2" BS rim on the drivers side and slide the axle over more. Not sure what the BS is on your rims now but just make sure the axle is centered. This isn't perfect but will work. Not to mention, the front Toy axle is a bit wider than the rear but not on all Toy's. I don't want to start quoting years [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Hope this helps!

As for the emblem, sorry don't have one.

Cheers,
Steve
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 02:19 PM

a landcruiser rear end is offset to the passenger side, I have a FJ60 rear end with a pickup front end, only thing is sometimes the rear LC axles gears dont match the pickup fronts, it would be smart of you to pick up a Landcruiser FJ40 rear axle and a 85 and under front pickup axle to put under your zuk...in this case both front and rear diffs will be set to passenger side...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ive got a complete set of toyota axles for sale. Pretty cheap too. PM if youre interested.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Toy fronts are not wider then the rear the IFS trucks have a wider rear then other years but never has the front been wider then the rear.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 02:04 AM

Scott, On the '79 to '85 trucks the front is 55 1/2" and the rears are 55". The '86 and newer are 58" rear and this is what I used, just shorten passenger side 3".
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 02:12 AM

Sorry, To answer the orginal post. I have several grills and the Suzuki pieces. I also have the weather-striping and axles both, Toys and Zuks which do you want. I'm getting ready to do a full cage in the wife's tintop. You about 3 1/2 hours from Oklahoma City, if your interested.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 07:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i live in the rio grand vally 15 minutes from south padre island more like 10 hours away but when you do the roll cage post pics of it so i can see how it went, i got another question for you guys with the 1.6 swap you guys say you get alot of noise when you have headers and an exhust, what kind of noise it it and how loud?

thanks
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 12:44 AM

Sorry, For some reason I thought you lived in Dallas/ Ft worth aera. Yes, that's a far drive. I bought a tintop for the wife from a older couple and they bought it new. They used to drive it to Padre and back, long drive in a stock Sami.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode