Anyone catch the Samurai on JunkYard Wars tonight? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Anyone catch the Samurai on JunkYard Wars tonight?

Wheelie cars! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 08:43 AM

Re: Anyone catch the Samurai on JunkYard Wars tonight?

Damn you beat me to it [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. It was a nice sammi to begin with. The only part i dident like was the girl kept calling it a Jeep, one guy even called it a craft. It was a good show.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 09:01 AM

Re: Anyone catch the Samurai on JunkYard Wars tonight?

Good episode. I have seen them use a sammi a think three times now, cool. Obviously lots of good parts and easy to tear apart [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Interesting how they mounted their engine backwards over the rear axle then reversed the tranny output direction by connecting to the t-case input shaft and driving the rear axle companion flange with t-case front output in 4WD! Weird but it worked.

Anyway, I'm glad the American Mega-wars series is over for this season. They were lame. The hosts were aweful. The new format is terrible (it works much better to have 'teams'). The only redeeming character is Bowser (sp?) who is a total british red-neck.

Nothing like a good episode of JYW to inspire one to work on their own pile of junk [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] The neighbors love watching the sparks fly and wire burn at midnight haha

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Paul in Fort Collins, Colorado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 10:39 AM

Re: Anyone catch the Samurai on JunkYard Wars toni

CRAP [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] YOu mean I missed a real JYW instead of that Mega-Flop mess? Bowser is a hoot but he was out of his league trying to build things he knew absolutely nothing about...hope they bring back the old format.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 12:21 PM

Re: Anyone catch the Samurai on JunkYard Wars toni

Yeah, its still called "mega wars" but its the 2003 british JYW series. Just like the old series: hard to understand the brits, but their teams are awesome.

Last night it was the brits RAF (air force) vs. their Navy guys. Makes our american 'mega-wars' look like foul-mouthed idiots. It's really shamefull, we can do better but somebody decided to make it more of a 'reality' type program rather than a mechanical red-neck game show.

Let's hope the old format comes back. I cringe watching the new mega-wars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode