rustoleum paint...dusty??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

rustoleum paint...dusty???

ok I want to go get some hunter green by the pint from lowes and thin it out so it can be sprayed with my sprayer, to paint my new DD, a friend told me thinning wouldnt be that much of an issue, but when it dries it will have this dust outter to it, as in saying everytime you brush up against it, it will leave hunter green marks on you...is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 02:19 PM

Re: rustoleum paint...dusty???

I have never heard of such a thing from thinning paint. I'm not saying its not possible, just never seen or
experianced it.

Billy is this flat? flats can get chalky as they oxidize, but thinning shouldn't make it worse.

My experiance with thinning is that it dries faster the thinner it is. Sounds backwards, but thats what I have
experianced,
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

same here, he was saying rustoleum is chalky period, I just wanted to use hunter green, or that safety orange by the pint to paint my new dd (which are both gloss paints), but I figured rustoleum might be to thick to be thinned down in order to use a sprayer? I think it would be a much cheaper option then using car paint, they have many options in colors by the pint, and I have everything spray compressor and place to spray just gotta find out if it could be used [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Addict

First time I ever heard that one. In one of the old shops we painted old work trucks with the industrial rustoleum enamel and used enamel reducer with it. Never new of it getting chalkey, we just washed them and drove em. We got it buy the gallon.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

I dont see why there would be a problem, just thought I would ask before I got in it waiste deep [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], ya Im gonna buy a gallon of it, and see what I have to use to thin it if I even have to....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode