Loaded 88.5 FS in Rhode Island - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 08:23 AM
dcbenj

Loaded 88.5 FS in Rhode Island

This is a tough choice to make- but a necessary one. I'm approaching my year anniversary of unemployment, and I don't have any solid job leads in the near future. I'll still lurk here and will surely buy another zook when things get back to normal. So here goes:
88.5 w/ tach dash. Approx 120K miles. Have owned for approx 4 years, and put on less than 10K miles.Most items have been replaced in the last 3K. Used mostly for zipping around town, or towed to the trails. Long list of mods are:
Engine 1.3 w/ Pony Carb & manual choke, hand throttle. Thorley header,GM alt conversion with new 94a alt. New items include: 750 cc battery, underdrive pulley, plugs,wires, distributor,valve cover,throttle cable,pcv valve,timing belt/cover,180 deg t-stat, upper/lower hoses, HD ground wires & starter relay kit, O-Ring,Cam, Crank& Valve Cover gaskets, Manual Oil, Temp and Voltage Gauges.
Suspension 4.5 SPOA with Trail Tough HD shackles, Hybrid Kick Axles with 5.12 gears, lockers Front and Rear, Breather Kit and spare shafts. New DT Shocks w/ bumpstops,New RRO Front and rear Shock mounts, Spidertrax Disc Brake Conversion with new lines, Ext Yoke in rear shaft, spacer in front. 5 31x10.5 Mud terrains(75%) on black AR767 rims.
Steering Higher Heights Crossover unit with Kick Power Steering Kit from TT and new Pump.
Exhaust New Cat,Muffler and Custom 2" Pipe
Misc Sony Tape Deck w/ removable face, Boston Acoustics 6x9 in boxes, Boston Acoustics 6.5" in targa bar, Radio Shack CB, New OEM Gas Tank with skid plate,Ammo Box storage, RRO rear bumper with corner guards, diamond plate corners, H4 headlights w/ 60w J bulbs, Hella off road lights.
What needs attention
Engine could use a tuning:Carb hesitates- have Hyundai rebuild kit. Runs a bit hot on the highway- fine around town, but once on road it gets warm. My guess is a new water pump-pretty easy fix, I just dont have the cash right now.
Rear wheelwells- rusting on the inside. Do the zooky wheel well mod, and it'll be good as new with room to run 33's. Frame has been undercoated from factory so rust is minimal.
Right Rear brake caliper is leaking slightly.
That's about all I can think of for now. I'll post pictures later on. I'm very honest with this vehicle, and will be very upfront with any potential buyers. I need to sell this very quick as cash is needed. <font color="red"> I'll be posting this in the local papers this week for 2100, but am listing this here in the hopes of a quick sale for 1850. Parts alone are probably worth almost double.
</font color> Any questions,interests, etc, please pm or send email to [email protected]
[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
dean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:23 AM

Re: Loaded 88.5 FS in Rhode Island

Call me tonight...I emailed you...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

too bad you have to sell, I hope you do get back into it some day. Dont be a stranger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 04:50 PM

Tom.....another Sami...the wife is going to [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] you. Hehe.

Koko
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Dean, Sorry to hear. As Randy said don't be a stranger. BTW what type of job are you looking for? Jim
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 07:02 PM
dcbenj

You know- this is what pains me the most- the fact that I might get bumped to the bottom of the Zookin2k4 list!!! The group of people that I have met either wrenching, wheeling or sitting by the campfire have been beyond words. Best bunck of guys (and gals) known.
Jim- right now I'm searching for a program manager type position- I come from a background of manuf,mktg and sales- so its just one of those waiting games of finding the right fit. My industry has been packaging services, but I'm expanding the search to other careers-maybe its time for a change.
Oh- and did I mention that my wedding day is less than 3 weeks? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Hopefully the little zook will find a home in Auburn. Think Tom will keep the ski bumper? Lord knows he probably walked into it many times at the fab fest...
db
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 07:32 PM

You know me...Ima dick...I mean addicted...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 11:39 AM
dcbenj

lets try a few pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1202574-sideview.JPG (77.0 KB, 24 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 11:43 AM
dcbenj

again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1202576-passside3.JPG (80.0 KB, 20 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 11:44 AM
dcbenj

last one- email me for more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1202577-frontview.JPG (78.5 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode