New Tcase mounting arms pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

New Tcase mounting arms pics

Today I did up some t-case mounting arms to handle the 6.5:1 gears. The long arm is basically the same as my old one but I did the short arm differently.

I started off by drilling out the 2 spot welds which hold the small reinforcement plate to the arm. This is the small plate which has the 4 hole bolt pattern in it. Removal of this plate gave me a flat surface to work with.

A piece of 3”x3/16” about 4-3/4” long was then cut. This plate will sit inside the arm. Approximately 3/16” needed to be removed on the long side of this plate to allow it to sit flat in the arm. The plate was then tack welded into plate, and the holes drilled through from the other side.

Next I took a piece of 1/2x1/4” plate and ran it through the length of the arm, between the bolt holes. More of this “ribbing” was added in the upper arm, all of which ties into each other. A piece was bent to wrap around the t-case mounting arm bushing and go back to the 3/16” plate and the rest of the ribbing. This ribbing will add a significant amount of strength and rigidity to the arm and keeps the weight to a minimum unlike other methods (like covering the arm with 1/4” plate like I did with my last one).

The black unmodified arm in the pictures is a stock arm I had used for one 4 wheeling trip and bent. At the time I didn’t have access to a welder adequate enough for the job, so I had left it stock.

Comparison to the stock bent arm.

A few shots of my long arm:

All finished and installed in the zuk

I finally got around to installing these poly t-case bushings from Roadless Gear

My mess of a back yard

Tight fit

While I had the zuk squeezed into the drive way, I decided to re-drill my front shackle hangers (stock spring hangers) to relocate the shackle further back and above the previous location. I did this because the shackle was sitting too flat and often collapsed against the frame under compression.

I’d say a tire upgrade for the zuk is in order [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]. The swampers look pretty good on my Toyota. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Actually I’ve found some 35x12.5” radial mud tires which will be going on the zuk, and the Toyota can have the swampers until I lift it – at which point I will swap them around.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1201725-Dscf0001.jpg (94.3 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 11:47 PM

Re: New Tcase mounting arms pics

Looks good Anton, well the transfercase arms do, man your toy is ugly! Go paint that thing, lol.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:07 AM
zukiman

As always, a great post, Anton. And Kevin's right: that ugly P.O.S. really, REALLY needs painting. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-- Geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Yep I agree, definately needs a paint job. The truck cap doesn't help the looks either. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:34 AM

Don't worry from what ive seen over the years of anton, next time we see that yota Anton will have "built his own" paint gun and have that truck all tricked out.

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:05 PM

ok freaky, this post is from 3 years ago!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ok freaky, this post is from 3 years ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about billy? I just posted this last night ?? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:12 PM

ahhhh, the system has been pulling up old posts to the front, I saw your regestered date and thought it was the post date, hence I figured it was one of the many flaws, apologies anton...looks good tho [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode