Junk Drawer Scavenger Hunt - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Junk Drawer Scavenger Hunt

Hello all,

I'm embarking on a project for the garage (I bet Crow will know what I'm up to) and before I started shopping around, maybe these are parts people have in a little pile somewhere and would like to get rid of.

Here's what I'm looking for:
Manifold of some sort to split 1 hose 5 ways
4 clamp-on tire nozzles
a line shutoff valve
gauge to read 0-35 psi
gauge to read high pressure
coiled air hoses
a "spray trigger" (like the one you'd use to stream air at something to blast dust off of it)

I know a lot of these parts are easily found at sears, etc.. I just thought the scavenger hunt part would add a bit of challenge :-)

Murph
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 08:57 AM

Re: Junk Drawer Scavenger Hunt

I have a spray trigger you are welcome too for shipping....here is a link to the one it is so you can see if it is what you are looking for.

http://www.farmhardware.com/SuperSto...ProductID=7401

The one I have has the air hose connector in it too..

PM me if interested.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:22 PM

Just a guess but is it a central tyre inflator system your making ? Hmmmm interesting [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I use to have them on my truck for metaling foresty roads and wondered about making one for the zook.

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

I'm so busted...

But I must give credit where it is due... this is not my design. I saw Crow using his a few 'melts ago and was inspired to build my own! (I hope this isn't Antonesque of me to do!)

I'm trying to make one that does all-four wheels at once, the one I saw only did two. Ya know, just for fun... but Im not having an easy time finding a 5-way manifold (four hoses out, one in)

While we're talking about air... when people do onboard air is it possible to use an ac compressor from another type of car, or does it have to be Suzi?

Murph
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I've seen caddy, ford, and volvo air pumps used. Personally I'd save some extra and go for a 12v compressor.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 04:19 PM

You could use any pump you want really but you'll have to more than likey change mounts and pullys so I'd go with CT brents 12v idea. How did crow do the hose's, external of the tyre ? Thats the only thing I'd be worried about ripping hoses off [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .
I know on trucks theirs two different systems. One pressurized the whole diff and suppled air out the end of the axle with only a short hose to the valve althou this was prone to blowwing seals and the other ran external hose around the out side of the tyre to a rotator in the centre and a short hose to the valve. You should be able to buy a air fitting to go on to the valve (screw on type)which allows you to remove the valve and get more flow in and out.This is what ours looked like..big foot inflator

Shane
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Pooh-Bah

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
One pressurized the whole diff and suppled air out the end of the axle with only a short hose to the valve althou this was prone to blowwing seals and the other ran external hose around the out side of the tyre to a rotator in the centre and a short hose to the valve

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a CTIS system, its a manifold with I believe 4 hoses connected so you hook all the tires to it, then the manifold to an air supply hose, and inflate(or deflate) all the tires at once to have all the tires at the same pressure
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 04:29 PM

Murph, a friend of mine has one of the manifolds that you're talking about. When I go out on Monday wheeling with him, I'll take a pic and ask him where he bought it, etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 04:38 PM

??????? now I see this is only when the rigs parked up ? I was under the impresion that he was making a pump on the move set up ? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] eg: in a bog hole dump air get out the other side and pump on the go ! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Shane
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 08:20 PM

yeap,

this is what i use. i had it at the melt in '02

i saw something like it on the net and i made it better.

the one i saw was all one piece. it had the coil lines on it and it was all or nothing.

mine i can connect only one side or both. i have the hoses each with 2 clipping air chucks. the manifold has 2 quick connects on it so i can remove and protect the gauge during trail rides and such. i have a valve to slow down the letting air out part so i can get the pressure i want. it also has a shreader valve on it so i could fill up if i could not clip in to an air compressor somewhere. i just added on-board air so now i can hook up to my air compressor. i made it with 2 lines one is tank pressure and the other is through a regulator so i can preset the tire pressure for my fills. this way i can just walk away and help others and mine will not over fill.
here are some pics. i also added a gauge in the dash so i know whats in the tank. hopefully later i might need it for arb lockers. if you LQQK at the bottom of the compressor it is the left over foot from the roll bar

i dont have any pics of the hose but i can get some if you like.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode