Bolt on SPOA? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Bolt on SPOA?

I've been reading some of the posts about the bolt on kits. The RRO kit sounds like it may be missing some of the needed parts and doesn't use an easy to install knuckle over steering assembly.

The thing I didn't like about the Calmini kit was its 6.5" of lift. The description also says its best for primarily off-road use.

I really don't think I want that much lift. I still use my Samurai as a daily driver amd I can go almost anywhere I want with the 2" of lift and 29s that I have now. I would like to run at least 31s and soften the ride a little though. It seems that spoa is the best way based on what I've been reading.

I like the bolt on because even though I can weld, I would rather not trust my welding (non-professional) for holding the axle to the springs. I also worry about driveline vibration from the increased angle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 10:07 PM

Re: Bolt on SPOA?

One of my Zuks is running the RRO bolt on kit with Tough Trail steering . It has about 5.5" of lift and 31s fit nicly. IMHO the ride is better than stock and the only problem with the kit is that you periodocialy have to ckeck the torque on the U bolts. I opted for Tough Trails steering because, (a) it installs without tering the knuckle apart, and you don't need to drill and tap anything and (b) it was on sale when I bought it. If it wasn't for the price I probally would have gone with Breeze.
Now for the downside. Waited about 3 weeks for the kit to arrive. Nothing was painted or powder coated. No biggie, a couple of rattle cans later and we were ready for the install. The drivers side pearch needed some grinding to fit properly and the retainer clips for the break lines needed a bit of tweaking to accomidate the new lines. I also had a problem with the E breake cable fitting back into it's clip. Other than that everything was pretty stright forward and can be done over a weekend.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 12:42 PM

Since you are in Virginia give me a call. I can easily weld on the perches in a few minutes and save you big$$$ and I guarantee you will not have any driveline vibes from the lift if you use the kit I sell. Everything fits right on without and weird modifying and it takes about 1/2 day to do the lift. Heck, I can even sell you the lift and install it correclty for what RRO wants for just the lift they sell....and a big plus is that I HAVE IT IN STOCK!....no waiting!

Sean DeVinney
[email protected]
(757)436-0919
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1201018-Umud4.JPG (17.2 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Old Hand

Man for that offer I wish I lived in Virginia. Anyone in Illinois with a similar offer. I just want the perches, and a z-link installed.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Sean,

I'll give you a call sometime tomorrow evening.

Thanks,
William
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode