WTF....the leaks are coming back..now what? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

WTF....the leaks are coming back..now what?

This sucks. Over the summer I replaced: crank & cam seal, both disty o-rings, valve cover seal, rear tranny seal. Just got the 3 transfer case seals to put in. It looks like the crank seal and tranny seal have started leaking again [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] I was careful putting them in, noticed no scoring on the shaft. What gives??? I do notice while driving on/off throttle the shifter will move forward/back a bit, if the rear tranny mount is worn out letting the tranny go up and down will this work the output shaft and oblong the seal?

We just got a new cEEment driveway (say it like the Beverly Hillbillies said cEEment pond!) after a lot of years of dirt/gravel and the drips just have to stop.

Help [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 08:42 PM

Re: WTF....the leaks are coming back..now what?

I bought a 305 powered jeep from a guy who was mad it was leaking after he put all new seals in it . The reason his was leaking was that he had no vent to the crankcase . No pcv or valve cover breather . It smoked like a freight train ! As the engine built up pressure in the case it would spew oil everywhere . So my question is are you running an aftermarket carb ? Do you have a pcv or a breather ? Just an idea ....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Re: WTF....the leaks are coming back..now what?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
So my question is are you running an aftermarket carb ? Do you have a pcv or a breather ? Just an idea ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Toyota carb

Yeah, new PCV valve with factory hoses to the valve cover and airbox like it should be. The EGR valve is gone (shh) but that should have nothing to do with the [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]leaks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode