Sidekick Electrical? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Sidekick Electrical?

Here's the deal.... I hear all the time about the Sammy's weak wiring. One of the most common things to do is to replace some wiring to prevent the "Clicky Starter Syndrome".

What exactly is replaced? I've installed stereos for years, and know that your ground wire should be of equal gauge to your power wire for the best possible flow.

Well, every couple of months my rig won't start, because the positive battery terminal gets so insanely built up with corrosion. I take apart the terminal, wire brush it all clean, and everything is good as new.

Last time it happened, I thought of the Sammy starter problem, and took a look at my main ground wire. Kinda skimpy, since I have upgraded both battery terminals (Huge lead marine blocks) to accomodate the main power, an alarm, my amp power, and my 150w KC Daylighters.

Since I now have a whole lot more wire coming off the the battery, should I not replace the main ground to a much larger gauge of wire? Would this be the only one I would need to look at replacing? Looks like it grounds itself on the tranny.... Do you guys think it would help with my excessive corrosion problem?

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 11:47 PM

Re: Sidekick Electrical?

The samurai problem is due to excessive resistance in the clutch enable switch, not the wiring.

You need to correctly clean your battery terminals (with baking soda, to nuetralize the acid) then coat them with something. Either a spray on stuff or plain petrolium jelly.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Re: Sidekick Electrical?

I have. Proplerly cleaned, and coated with electrical silicone lube-sealant, but to no avail.

I thought the buildup may have come fron undue resistance @ the battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode