Fastback Top - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Fastback Top

Ok, does anyone know where to get the Sammi fastback hard top?

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/event...or00/chris.jpg

Or have one for sale, for that matter? I've checked the Quadratec site, JC Whiteny, Calmini, North Coast, and all of the usual suspects, and the last mention of anyone sucessfully purchasing one appears to have been in 99 or 2000.

Any guidance anyone can give here would be very appreciated.

Edit: Fixed Link.

Thanks,
--Rod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 02:39 PM

Re: Fastback Top

Hey Rod, I know where there's one right in your hometown. It's on my Zuk. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
fastback hardtop

How badly do you want one?? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have the back part of a normal removable hardtop if you're interested. Or you can do what I suggested to Brent you should do. Swap your entire drivetrain out of that completely rhinolined rustbucket you're driving into the steely I have sitting here. The body on the steely is very sound.

Hurry up - winter is right around the corner.[img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Hey rgdl! Yeah, I laughed when Brent told me your suggestion. But, my rust isn't that bad - the tub is solid, its the windsheild frame and from quarters that are rotten. The doors and rear are pretty fresh. Besides - I really want the convertible model for summers... so I'll have to pass on the hardtop!

So - onto the fastback: how much do want for it? Make me an offer! My sammi is my winter daily driver, and I would like to *warm*.

I'd be somewhat interested in the normal back half, but that's still a lot of air volume to try and heat, and of course I'd be short the front piece...

So, anyway, that fastback would be preferred. I have no idea how much one would be worth, but I'm ready to deal over here so post or PM me!

--R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Just to add a bit more to this: this may have been known as an "Outlaw" or "Outback" top at one point.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 09:25 PM

If you're interested in a regular style full hardtop, I recently purchased one that I no longer have a use for (Blew the engine in the ragtop...D'OH!) I would be willing to sell it complete at a fair price. PM me for details.
As for the issue of heating all that cavernous space, I've found that hanging an old blanket or clear poly over the rollbar helps the heater enormously. Another option would be to make a bulkhead out of plywood or the back door off a tintop. Admitedly, it may seem a little butch, but the heaters in Samurais need all the help they can get.
[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

PM'ing you right now, bushmaster....

That is to say, yes - I want your hard top.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 11:39 AM

Check your PM's, between getting ready for my buddy's wedding and work I havent been able to get on here for a couple of days so I just got yours.
[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode