I got rear ended today - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

I got rear ended today

Yep!! I had just made a right hand turn and was accelerating. I noticed a very large Army truck (5 ton) that was about to pull out. So I let off the gas while deciding what whether to brake or keep on going. Next thing I know I feel a bump and the back of my Zuk lift up. I was going about 30 mph and the first thing through my mind was that my axle was ripping off! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Then it was all over. I look in my rear view and notice a Honda Civic with the hood all smashed up so I decided to pull over. As I was pulling over I notice the policeman sitting there and then I notice him turn on his lights. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I pull over as does the Civic. The owner gets out and runs up to the MP. He's yelling "That guy slammed on his brakes, that guy slammed on his brakes!! [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] The first thing I did was to walk around to check out the damage NO DAMAGE There was a small scuff on the Shrockworks Gas skid and a small tear in one of the rubber boots around one of the turn signals [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] So I walk over to the MP. First thing he says is "Are you ok? Is your Jeep ok?" I just started laughing. I said "Oh yea, my Jeep [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] is just fine" He asked for my license and began to write a ticket. The other guy just stood there cussing at me and saying I deserved this ticket. Just then the officer turned, handed the ticket to the other dude and said "Hey man, you're an idiot. I saw you just drive up under him like he wasn't even there. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] Wreckless driving and speeding. You'll need a lawyer." [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img] Then he turned and gave me his card and said if I have any problems with the Jeep to call him and he'll send the report to the insurance company. [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: I got rear ended today

Sheesh. It's cool when high ranking ppl play cool with arse holes and then return the favor [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Addict

Seems that the Samurais have an affinity for getting rear ended... been rear ended twice. Took some damage from a Honda Civic - smashed the stock bumper and collapsed my exhaust. The hood on the Honda went underneath.

Good to hear you came out without any damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:08 PM

I wouldnt have corrected him and said its a Zuk either ! At least you and the zuk are ok ...wait you have back pain and uncontollable itching from the wreck huh? Well time to call the lawyer ...... lol
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:49 PM

Anyone think the lack of the dreaded third brake light has anything to do with this epidemic of rear-enders? That and zuke lights are kinda low...not on lifted trucks of course. My daughter (16) doesn't see brakelights if there's not a 3rd one lit up. Doesn't explain idiot drivers but lots of younger people don't remember "before" and may be conditioned to look for the third mainly. I've been looking for a nice bright LED one to mount on the roof [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]

Yeah I know it's uncool to put on a 3rd but this thing ain't a HUMMER [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have one mounted in the hole on my spare tire. It works great there atleast I think it does, easy enough to get the wire from the tail lights right there. I have just a small round one you can get at Wal-mart or anywhere else, surface mount 5 minute install.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 08:00 PM

Damn the luck! Now you have to repaint your gas tank skid plate to get that scratch off of there! LOL!

Glad you were not hurt!

Sean
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 08:02 PM

Hi Art,

Glad to hear you and the bootymobile are okay. I got rear ended in minea coupla year ago. The only damage was to the back gate, bumper and the stock gas tank skid plate. The woman's car was smashed all to [bleep]. I think there is some kinda magnet that draws other cars to the rear of Zuks.

Tom
lilsammy4x4 [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Anyone think the lack of the dreaded third brake light has anything to do with this epidemic of rear-enders?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that had nothing to do with it. As I stated, I had just let off of the gas. I never once hit the brakes. And besides, If you can't see these, YOU ARE BLIND!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1198737-P7170005.JPGcrop.jpg (14.4 KB, 3 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Keyboard Implanted

glad to hear you n yer rig are ok man.
BiLLy bOb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode