do samurai's sell on Ebay? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

do samurai\'s sell on Ebay?

howdy,
anyone sell a sammi on Ebay? i mean is it a good idea to sell my sammi on Ebay at a resevered price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 05:02 PM

Re: do samurai\'s sell on Ebay?

Jimi,
first off let me say, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Seems to be tough times are hitting a lot of people.

I would say that by putting monzuki up on Ebay you have nothing to loose. Ive seen junkers that arnt worth $100 go for over $1000. So hey give it a shot. I would however use the option to end the auction at any time for any reason, and state that on the ad.

Best of luck.

Kamazuki [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i have never sold a vehicle on ebay. heck it has been hard for me to sell a vehicle in the pass. when i had my s-10 i told many people that i would not sell it to them just because of the things they said when talken to them, or on just the way they looked. it might sound bad, but a yuppie has no right with a 4x4 and if you ever say "i just need something to beat off road", then you better run back to your car and hope i don't catch ya.

the bad part is that i am only sellen this to get some money together to help my brother in law out with a wheelchair van. he will pay me back later, but only after the bills are paid.

i will keep trying the bbs, and see what happens. i just want some to buy it that knows how to take care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 05:37 PM

I didn't sell one, but I did buy one. The one boyirish6 sold back in August. I have to say I was very pleased with how smooth the transaction went. Now all I have to do is make the time to build it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 07:57 PM

I just sold my stock height 1.6-16V Samurai and got over $3000.00 for it. It's a clean - unabused truck - but it still went for more than I figured it would. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Personally, I'd rather sell it on ebar rather than here for several reasons:

1.) Most of the people on this board are cheap bastards - myslef included. I've put lots of great stuff up on here for cheap and had no bites only to put it on eBay and had it sell for 2xs what I originally wanted.

2.) There's less of a degree of a "Family" atmosphere there and you know what they say, "Never sell a car to a family member." It's not that my Zuk is a piece of junk. It's that I don't want to have you come back to me in 6 months and say, "This broke down" or "You didn't tell me about that..."

3.) You get LOTS more exposure than you will have here or any other internet site. I will guarantee that 90% of the people here look at eBay at least once a week and I know lots of Zuk owners who do the same but never come to this site..

If a selling price is your concern and the Zuk doesn't meet your expectations you can always cancel the peoples' bids and shut the auction down. Or, you can put a reserve on it. I wouldn't start the auction out high though. I've seen too many nice things not sell or sell real cheap because the person made the starting bid too high.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 08:13 PM

The thing about Ebay is it exposes your Zuke to lots more potential buyers than you ever can locally. It also can get it sold far enough away that you'll never have to see it. You need to find someone looking for your...ah...conservative low-key look [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You're in a bad spot right now and find you have to sell your creation. Having read your post I'll gently suggest 2 things..don't sell it for "nuthin" cause you need to raise money, and, if you find a buyer with cash in hand don't worry if he's a "yuppie" or going to wheel it hard or whatever. You'll probably never find the perfect buyer...sometimes the perfect buyer is the one with the $.

What you're doing is from the heart, you'll be repaid 10 times over somewhere down the line.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 07:24 AM

Wow Toyguy, that was really we said. Jezz even I feel better about it.

Kamazuki [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 08:16 AM
JohnTheobald

I've purchased 2 or 3 Zuks on eBay and sold 7 of them over the past 18 months. I've noticed that the junkers seem to go for a little more than they should, and the really nice ones either never hit their reserve price, or they sell for less than I expect the sellers were hoping for.

I've even purchased Zuks outta my local paper, done nothing but clean them, and double my money on eBay. I did this enough times last year to buy my 1994 Samurai with the profits!

Good luck...as everyone has said...you can always end early (which does tend to tick people off and really isn't in the true spirit of an auction) or set a reserve on it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 09:56 AM

Jim,

I think it's great what your wanting to do, Welling to give up your zuk to help your brother in law get a van. I my self I'm in a Wheel Chair my self and I don't have much money at all but if you wanted to do some type of fundraiser to get a Van for your brother in law let me know I gladly give to the fundraiser, I know Ranger Rick knows about fundraisers and Im sure he would be welling to help you get any info you need. Get a hold of the Red Cross and also Lions club they help out with fundraisers, Post on every bbs and any other place you can think of. Just tell what your trying to do for your brother in law and ask that other people spread the word.

Turk.....
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
turk you bring up a good point with the fundrasier thing. but then on the other hand i don't know how keith feels about it. don't get me wrong, but sometimes his pride is more than it should be.

but on my sammi, it's only a toy, and i am only 23, with a planned midlle crisis at the age of 33. when i will buy another 4x4, and ack like a 23 year old again. i know that i will miss her, but it's only a toy. i have things in my life that are way more important than a metal clad toy. it's moments like this when you think about the stuff you have, and then you know that when it comes to flesh and bone that the toys are not as important. mostly in part to the fact that the one person that always went wheelen with you is now unable to spot. and most of the time keith spent his time outside of MONZUKI spotten for me. and that is one off the many reason i need to sell her.

all i remember is walken into his hospital room on the monday he found out, and him just looken at my with his best fake smile, and me knowing that it hurt him to try and smile at the time, and say "after all the times i dang near fliped ya in the sammi, you can finally get someone else to spot for you". this might not seem all to bad, and you might not understand why i started crien after he said that, but when i tell you that when with our friends i always joked with him tryen to kill me when he spotted for me, then you might understand.

so as i try to sell her for as much as i can, i know that with her still around and in my garage it hurts me to even look at her. because when i do all i see is the blood, sweat, and tears we both have shed with her.

p.s. sometimes it is hard for us to even think of our 4x4's as being toys. but when you look into someone elses eyes you love, you come to find out that it is only a toy. so in that sence, hug someone you love and tell them no matter how much time you spend with your 4x4, it comes dead last to the ones you love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode