HELP, Need Input! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HELP, Need Input!

I need to know if anyone can tell me the best way to do a 1 or 2 in. lift on my 1990 Tracker without havin to spend a bundle? I put 30x9.50 cooper tires on 8 in wheels. Everything is good unless I have to make a tight turn, then it rubs. Would twist in spacers work? As much as I'd like to I never get off road. I really only need about an in.of lift to clear. Thanks Ahead George; >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 01:56 PM

Re: HELP, Need Input!

rocky-road.com sells 1-1/8" coil spacers for pretty cheap..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 12:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Could be the 8" wheels as with that size wheels it may increase the overall size you could nearly be up to 31s as that will spread the tyre.
The coil spacers and maybe wheel spacers should do the trick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 01:32 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Could be the 8" wheels as with that size wheels it may increase the overall size you could nearly be up to 31s as that will spread the tyre.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? I thought rule of thumb was the wider the rim the smaller the tire gets? As in saying the more the rubber has to spread over the rim the less the diameter becomes?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 01:46 PM
billybroncojr

I think that is what he was trying to say, the wider the rim the shorter the tire. The offset of the rim will affect rubbing too, mainly where it rubs, the frame or the fenders.
I put 30x9.50's on the stock rims, had no issues other than at full lock they hit the frame, and I lost power and milage. Went back to the 205's for street, trying to find some other rims so I can just switch them if I am going wheelin.
Later,
Jeff
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Veteran

Where are you rubbing? On the frame or the bottom edge of the fender? I have calmini's 3" suspension lift with a 2" body lift and rub the frame at full lock with 31's. I don't worry about it, hasn't been a problem at all. Backspacing is the key to fender clearance without a lift. but, IMHO, a body lify would be the easiest way out, or, are RRO's coil spacers cheaper?, I'd have to go look......
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 07:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Only place its rubbin is on the pastic inner fender well. other than that all seems well. Thanks George. >>>>>>>>>> 3 [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 02:35 AM

Mine was rubbing with 30 x 9.5 Bridgestone m/ts on stock suzuki steel rims. It hit the frame with hard right hand turns, I adjusted the stopper bolts for the pitman arm and that stopped alot but I still get some from the flexing of the rubbers in the wish bone. Duno if this will halp you thou ?
[img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Shane
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 12:20 PM

I run 30" BFG's on stock rims, and it rubs slightly against the frame. I'm running 1/4" wheel spacers on the front to help prevent that, but depending on the backspacing of your rims, this may not apply.

You have 2 cheap bets. 1 is the coil spacers. Rocky Road sells them, or people like to use ones for a Jeep TJ (Daystar).... they're common, but you have to enlarge the centre hole to make them fit. Too much work for me. The cost savings didn't justify it.

The there is the path I took. Adding spacers doesn't sit well with me, so I put in the coils from a 1998 Sidekick Sport 1.8 (OEM Lift, baby!). Being the heaviest of the Sidekick family, and my 2 door ragtop being nice and light, it gave me a hair over an inch, and it rides way better. I paid $160 CDN @ a local wrecker. Hawk Strictly Suzuki quoted me $100 US + shipping.

For the same price as spacers, you can get a set of factory coils that ride well, are already settled/broken in , and, in my opinion, are safer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode