Messed with my rear Toy d-shaft again (vibs) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Wyld_Bill

Messed with my rear Toy d-shaft again (vibs)

Well, a lot of people on-line claim to be running a rear Toy PU axle with a Toyota D/C driveshaft with little or no vibrations,...I haven't been so lucky so far. THe Toyota driveshaft I've been using did seem to have some play in the D/C (ball) area. So I had ANOTHER short Toyota D/C drive shaft kicking around. It had no flange on the slip end though so I took the flange yoke off another d-shaft (rear Toyota) & put it on that drive shaft slip joint section. So I bolted the whole thing under my Zook. I lined up the grease fitting on U-joint in the slip part with the nearest grease fitting on the D/C part.(..Is this right??..are there any marks on these driveshafts to line them up with??)
The first thing that I noticed is that with the new flange off the rear driveshaft now the bolts needed to be larger & hit in different holes in the flange on the third member. The second thing I noticed was that this driveshaft seemed to be longer since I ended up with only 3/4" of slip in the shaft (YIKES!) So anyways I took it down the road to try it out. I still have vibrations... [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] They are different though but not any less evident. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] So....I think some of my vibes may be coming from my 16v motor but that's another post. So what could it be? This d-shaft seems pretty tight at the D/C joint. Should I just leave it like this for the rest of the year & shoot for an off-set rear axle next year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 06:49 PM

Re: Messed with my rear Toy d-shaft again (vibs)

if I'm not mistaken doen't the pworks kit lower and move the engine to the side. If it does that could screw up you intermediate shaft angle.
For the record When I did my yota swap I still had vibes with a yota DC shaft up to about 20mph then everything was smooth sailing. But since I pushed my rear axle back 14" it is now silky smooth. Well as smooth as it can be with 36"tsl/sx's.
If it is really bad to where it is practicaly undriveable you may want to consider an offset rear like Sky Mfg. makes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode