OT.Ever hit a wall, and wonder why you still there - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

OT.Ever hit a wall, and wonder why you still there

howdy,
i have not been on here in awhile. due to a couple of things in my life, that should never happen to anyone.

first my brother-in-law was told in july that he had MS. and this was found out because you was haven problem with his legs. on Sep 24, he woke up at my house and couldn't move his legs. we toke him to the hospital to find out that the MS has set in, and his legs are really bad off. he now lives with me and my wife.

evey mourning now i carry him to my truck and drive him to work. when there i lift him out and put him in his wheelchair. then i goto work, and repeat everything in reverse when i get off.

and in the middle of all of this i find out that the city i work for is going to start laying people off. i am three up from the bottom in my department. which means that with 13 people in my department, my butt maybe, on the line. oh and the best part is that our union worked out a deal with the city, but it is in the cities favor. so i am screwed.

so now i ask "Ever hit a wall, and wonder why you are still there?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 09:20 PM

Re: OT.Ever hit a wall, and wonder why you still there

While not quite the same as your work predicament I found out I didnt have wind or rain damage on my house on the Outer Banks 3 days before Isabel hit . I was a little nervous but I resigned myself to let it go the way the good lord saw fit . I came through fine with no damage and I hope you will too .
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

its is hard to explain what the the lord has instore for us. Things like this in my opinion are test of faith that will make us stronger in the end. Family should always come first and everything after that is 2nd. What you are dong for your brother inlaw right now is helping both of you in one form or another weather you can see it, or not. I have had a saying I have stood by that fits just about every circumstance and that is Pay now pay later but either way you pay, the good things we do today will be paid back two fold in the future, I cant tell you it will get better because you know that with this disease it is generally a progresively down hill battle so take each day you have with him and your family and embrace it. As far as the job well it sucks but they do come and go, and a person with your strive and heart can shirly do better, I consider job changes selected or non, a steping stone to something better.. it will all work out in the end in your favor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 08:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well I am in a predicament at the moment, but pray that things change very soon and things do look like picking up, which is nice.

But, the story so far. I got laid off over a month ago, work for designers is scarce in my town at the moment. Week later head gasket goes on engine. After doing head gasket we decided to give a tappet adjustment, only to find the monkey mechanic that did it last time had stripped #2 inlet so bad that the tappet pin won't budge. So now I need to replace the entire rocker assembly.
needed to replace intake manifold also.

then my tyre shoots off a strip and canvas shows. which means another $800 in rubber (I said stuff it and got some hot tyres to treat myself).

1 week later I am rushed to hospital with severe stomach and back cramps. Thinking it was my appendix or something. In hospital for a night and day and docs ca't figure out WTF is wrong. Send me home loaded up on drugs. another 3-4 days before I can move around again without assistance. Am only just now 2 weeks later feeling 95%. which is a good thing.

then today I get a letter from the bank saying i missed a loan repayment and owe them another $60 for missing the payment. [bleep] part about it is that I know I made the payment, so now I have to fight the banks.

so yes, I know what it feels like to be stuck in a rut without a winch or snatch strap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode