ATTN: NC Zuk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

ATTN: NC Zuk

Man your zook looks sweet, I was surfing some of the members sites when I ame across yours. Then I put 2 and 2 together. RockRat has your sammy on his site installing your cage before you lifted it. I think. I was wondering about your licence plate relocation. is that custom made are was that something made for another vehicle. Also how do you like your rear cage, I'm planning on having rockrat build me one eventually. Does the top fit well, and does the crappy little original top bow get eliminated. Thanks.JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 05:41 AM

Re: ATTN: NC Zuk

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was wondering about your licence plate relocation. is that custom made are was that something made for another vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jimmy,

I hope Art don't mind, but his licence's plate holder with the light dome came from a suzuki sidekick. I don't remember what year though. I am sure that any year sidkick would work.

Art does have a sweet rig. You ought to see it in action. He has done an excellent job. As far as his cage goes......well...........lets just say BLING BLING on that.........an Awsome piece of work there also.

Hope this helped ya out brother.

David
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 07:20 AM

Man your zook looks sweet, I was surfing some of the members sites when I ame across yours. Then I put 2 and 2 together. RockRat has your sammy on his site installing your cage before you lifted it. I think. I was wondering about your licence plate relocation. is that custom made are was that something made for another vehicle. Also how do you like your rear cage, I'm planning on having rockrat build me one eventually. Does the top fit well, and does the crappy little original top bow get eliminated. Thanks.JIM

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! Thanks!! I really appreciate the compliments. I'll do my best to answer all your questions!!

First off Rockrat did in fact build my cage for me. I drew up the design while I was in Iraq, sent it to him, and he cut it all up and sent it to me here at the house. The red zuk on his website is his own. He keeps a stock Sammi around to use as his "test Lab". It was just coincedence that his and mine were both red. This pic is of the cage in my zuk before it was painted and welded into place.

As for the license plate relocation. That is from a 92 Sidekick. I had been looking for something to make it look like it belonged there instead of just "put" there when I saw this in a junk yard and thought it would work. It actually came out better than I thought.

And lastly, I LOVE THAT CAGE!!!! Scott did an AWESOME JOB when he made it. Every piece fit like a glove and the install was pretty simple. I do still use the stock rear hoop to put on the soft top but I quick release pins so I can take it off when I take the top off.

Hope that this answers some of your questions. If you have anymore just ask, I'm here everyday!! Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 09:45 AM
nitro92v

Art,

the truck does look great! what orange is your truck painted? (hugger,tangelo pearl, other) what does a paint job like that cost? just curious, I really like the color.

Thanks,Brian
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 05:48 AM

the truck does look great! what orange is your truck painted? (hugger,tangelo pearl, other) what does a paint job like that cost? just curious, I really like the color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Brian! The paint is a 1997-98 Ford truck paint code. Any paint shop can get the code for you. Just the other day I saw a Ford Probe painted the same color. The guy just laughed cuz he had never seen anyting else painted this orange let alone a Zuk. As far as cost goes I'll tell you this much. The paint is Urethane as is the primer. Very durable stuff. I also found out that Orange is one of the most expensive paints to buy. Yello is the most expensive. The paint, primer and all supplies ran about 600.00. Then there is the shop fee for spraying it. I got a really good deal and paid next to nothing. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks again for the compliments!!! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 06:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

wish mine was that shiny. probably should have cleared over it once I had finished painting it. bahahahaha.

ps: awesome looking zook mate. I am sooooo keen to see shaffer coil kit up close and persona - working offroad. unfortunately, I don't like my chances here in Australia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1194473-DSC00009.jpg (73.8 KB, 8 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 07:13 AM

Skippy when I was in Bermuda there were a lot of Jimnys with coil springs . It seems that if you could get a wrecked one it would be a good swap provided you can get a lift for it . To my knowledge I think you guys have Jimnys .
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah the jimny and coil sprung sierra are over here. I personally don't like the design. I really like the articulation yielded from the shaffer setup. seems to be functional both front and rear.

the factory coil sprung sierras and jimnys will rip the tabs off the diffs eventually where the trailing arms attach. seen it happen so many times to makes zooks. also seen teh trailing arms bend and snap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode