Tracker TPS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 08:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tracker TPS

ok, now for a long time my 89 tracker has had a bad loping idle. I finally got around to taking it in to get it fixed, and as expected they told me the problem was with the TPS.
Now, i'm wondering what exactly the throttle position sensor does, as they mechanic's way of fixing it, was simply to unhook it. I would have assumed it was put on there for a reason, but everything runs smooth now with it gone.

Can someone please tell me the reason for this? i'm wondering if it's something i should replace, or just be happy that things are running now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 10:02 AM

Re: Tracker TPS

There are adjustments to be made to the TPS that correct the loping idle problem you described. I'll send you the adjustments from the FSM to your email.

It does require a digi voltmeter but isn't complicated.

But you have to provide an email address to me! Either add it to your profile or send me a PM with it...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You had sent me the pages out of the FSM awhile ago, I just never got around to doing it. That's why i finally decided to just take it to the shop and get it done.

The thing i don't understand is why does everything run smoother now that it's disconnected, and if it's something that is needed, why would a GM garage just disconnect it and not replace it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 12:10 PM

I'd like to receive a copy of the FSM pages to check and adjust the TPS on my '96 Tracker. I sent you a private email.

Thanks !!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I was wrong. I thought that the engine was running smoothly right now with TPS disconnected. I discovered last night that if I turn my headlights on, that my idle problem returns.
The reason i hadn't attempted what was in the FSM pages was that I didn't have the vaccuum tester to set the TPS to open or idle.
This little vehicle continues to baffle me. Never before would I have thought I could alter my rpm's by turning on my headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode