According to Johnny Law... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

According to Johnny Law...

OK, I hate Cops. Police Officers are OK but Cops are DICKS. I won't debate the difference between the two...

Today, while I was headed down the highway - not speeding or doing anything illegal - I watch as a police officer, with lights and siren blaring, weave in and out of traffic , obviously in a hurry. He flies up on my ass as I nearly cause an accident to get out of his way. Guess what, he's pulling me over. You know why? Because my tires are sticking out 2 inches beyong the end of my flares! Can you friggin' believe that?!? He gave my car a thorough roadside inspection and write me for a bunch non-monitary voilations (repair orders) along the side of the highway - on a 4 ft shoulder - during rush hour traffic. And, here's the best part - part of the repair order states that my suspension is in voilation of Maryland State law because it's been modified from the original factory suspension! He said that this will insure that I either "make the car legal" or "It'll force me to take this death trap off the road." What a FUKIN' asss. Little does he know I know how to skate around this...

I HATE COPS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: According to Johnny Law...

I hear ya... I can't wait to see the locals here, its a small town and they are decent... but what will they say when my full width military dana axles and hummer wheels wrapped in three feet of rubber are poking out the side of my narrow rig? Probably nothing nice [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] but Winsted CT isn't Maryland... I should be okay if I don't go too far with it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:16 PM

yall got it easy, think of me with 38.5 * 15's on a 10 inch wide rim, that or the fact that my V8 exhaust dumps out the front corners of the fender well...one or the other should bring fun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:17 PM

What a bunch of [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] As long as your not driving Bigfoot down the street taking up both lanes I don't see how a police officer who's job is to "protect and serve" can tell you what you can and can't do to a vehicle YOU OWN!

If you took it and it passed inspection I'd tell the cop to take it up with them and the DMV for letting you license it. Maybe that will shut em up! Cops have better things to do than chase down people whose tires are sticking out to far, I mean get a real job.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

As soon as I post this I'm going to get stopped.....BUT [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
I'm running 31x10.5 with NO FENDER FLAIR'S AT ALL. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
As a matter of fact, I cut them off with a grinder for that flat-fender look...lol
So far, so good (keeping my fingers crossed)!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 12:52 AM

One of the nicer things about living in Cal. is we have people who actually drive "Big Foot" type trucks on the road. I've even seen Toyotas that are so skyed that you need a freakin ladder to ge into the thing. Since these guys are drawing all the attention on themselves, a little Zuke with 6" of lift and 31s or 32s skates by unnoticed.
Another nice thing is that over half the cops here drive modded SUVs. [img]images/graemlins/beach.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 06:06 AM
weirdwillie

You know, it's all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out because your tire kicked up a rock and threw it into some poor kids face. I think there should be more COPS out there protecting our poor innocent children from evil people like you --- NOT! [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Keyboard Implanted

swap VINs.

"Yes, Officer, I removed the wehickle from the road like you said. But now I'm building a bigger one, with custom graphics on the doors, of you assfu(king a pig. Hope you like."
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 07:40 AM

In Ontario here, there is a guy driving a lifted Heep around with all 19.5" of his 44" boggers sticking out the fenders, and he's never been pulled over yet. Apparently as long as it's not raining out or the ground isn't wet then the cops don't care.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Can't Get Enough

Hey Capn...

Just an observation I've made in the past... radio call for single car accident and the cops show inna bout 2 min.... radio call for shots fired... cops show inna bout 6-10..... go figure....nobody wants to walk into harms way.

That said, this cop would be off the radio for the entire time that he has you pulled over..... more likely to spend less time at a more dangerous call...

Just my $0.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode