Non Suzuki Parts - opinions wanted - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Non Suzuki Parts - opinions wanted

I have a renter that owns a 90 Dodge Daytona that runs but uses a lot of oil. He has bought a new car and abandoned the Daytona. He is willing to sign over the title for junking it so I can use it as a barter vehicle. It needs to be jumped but I can trailer it to a junkyard and drive it off the trailer into the yard.

What I want is opinions on what items to get in trade. I have a 77 Ford F250 highboy with power assist steering that doesnít work, a dilapidated seat, and a desperate need for new brakes.

I also have an 86 Samurai with the GM alternator conversion, a Calmini 5Ē lift (to be installed), Metro seats, and a 2-piece hardtop.

I am presuming that a junkyard that can deal with me wonít have any Samurai parts that I can use.

My list so far is:

Ford P/U Seat
Ford steering power assist parts
Ford rotors
Toyota PS pump, reservoir, and gearbox (need model info)

What else can I get from a junkyard that will make a decent upgrade on the Samurai?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:52 AM

Re: Non Suzuki Parts - opinions wanted

My 2 cents, get toyota axles if you find them, thats a solid front axle not ifs. If you plan on going 33 or bigger on the tires. Tracker or sidekick power steering is very easy to adapt and you need box, pump resivoir and the shaft always helps. If you can trade for a 16valve engine or an 8v fuel injection then your set. auto tranny is a creature comfort off roading...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Iíll keep the Toyota axles in mind but I doubt Iíll go over 33Ē, especially with 5Ē of lift. It needs to be a daily driver and I have the High Boy if I feel the need to climb up into something. But if thatís what I can get, that pretty much makes them free so why not?

I havenít found any yards around here with Suzukis in them to speak of. The Zukes that are around are pretty bare.

I really expected more than one response on this. I know you guys and gals are not short on ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

if you can find some seat's out of a 2-door Dodge Neon, you can use them in your sami. REALLY COMFY!!!
Also, if ya wanna get really crazy, look for a V-6 to put in there..either a Vortec or 2.8 Ford motor...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode