Off Roading Forums banner

Zookin Y2K3 pix

867 views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Yankee Tim 
#1 ·
#29 ·
In reply to:

I am building a tracker and this has given me pause to rethink my cages, i think my samuria external cage is fine, but i also want to look into the D.O.M factor and heck i might just drive my rig to Syracuse if i cant find a place to do it here

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy has a race car shop here in NY and helped me build my cage, Yankee Tim's cage and the bumpers that I have on Zuki now. We could always come up with something for your Tracker and you would have to drive all the way out to Syracuse.

Wayne

#30 ·
I am echoing WSB's comment.

I'm very happy with Wayne's buddies work. I still have to finish installing my cage (dash bar, corner braces, MORE triangulation). Right now, it's 4 point to the frame, and by spring will be 6-point.

Here is an important design aspect for all of you all. Wayne's buddy owns a race shop (Z-1 racing) and builds cars. He insisted that we use a "halo" design, the same as in stock cars. Instead of a front down hoop similar to the factory, it uses a halo-hoop over over your head, and an separate down supports, meaning less bends and more strength in the main supports. If it's good enough for Gordon, ...

Food for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.