Off topic: A horrible loss - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Off topic: A horrible loss

Guys I ask each one of you to not forget the many servicemen that are currently deployed protecting this awesome freedom that we so much enjoy. This past week I lost two very dear friends in Baghdad. These guys are the ones that provided security for me while I was working there earlier this year. Three more were wounded, one of them critically. These guys were my teammates and I am having a hard time dealing with the loss. Please don't forget these brave men. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 07:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Off topic: A horrible loss

Prayers are done, hang in there my friend
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 09:54 AM

Freedom is indeed <font color="red"> NOT </font color> FREE.
I had a buddy and several people I knew killed in Vietnam.
While we fight for not only our own freedom, we fight for the freedom of complete strangers around the world as well. And after the fight is over we do every thing we can to restore their countries and their freedom. Others fight to enslave not only their own people, but the rest of the world as well through <font color="blue"> MISGUIDED </font color> politics or religion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Can't Get Enough

i think about these men everyday. its always disheartening to hear about these dastardly acts... i feel for you and all the others that are sitting here back home not knowing how their loved ones are doing.

In my office at work we are a very tight nit family. 4 guys in one room for 10 hours a day tend to make you close. The one guy out of the group that managed to get me the job there is currently in Iraq with the reserves and has been since April. We get phone calls and an occasional email that he is ok but we always worry. We heared that they are extending the reserves tour in country but not sure for how long so it looks like he wont be comming home until after x-mas. Come home safe Sgt. Andrew Pruss...

Pray for men who have lost their lives, but do not forget the men who are still over there serving their country. Pray for them as well.

I am by far not a religious person, I think organized religion for the most part is a joke and hippicritical. But even myself in these times find myself asking the good lord above to keep these guys safe and bring them home alive and well.

God Bless our troops!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Sorry to hear of this,
We (the wife and I both Vets) decieded last week that any proceeds from zookin this year where to go to a charity that provides assistance to the family members for service members who have either lost thier life or where wounded in afganistan or Iraq. I am happy to say we raised 250.00 for the donation this year.

So we will remember.

[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 04:53 PM
SPAMurai

Spent the afternoon at a shoting range with three Gulf War One vets - we were talking about this same issue. After spending the afternoon with these guys, I appreciate what they've done a lot more!
Steve O'
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support. You have no idea how much I really appreciate it. Being in the Army is something that I wanted to do since I was about 6 or 7 yrs old. I just knew that it was for me. I love my job and there is no other like it. Being in the Army Special Forces (aka the Green Berets) is like being part of a family. I never have to look over my shoulder as I know someone is there to protect me. I don't know what else I would ever do. The Special Forces motto is De Oppresso Liber. It latin means FREE THE OPPRESSED and that is exactly what we are doing in Iraq. God bless each one of you and God Bless America!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Old Hand

Art,
I'm there with you. I have two very close friends over there right now. I just got to see one about a month ago, he was in town for two weeks &amp; then got shipped to Iraq. It was the first time I'd got to see him in over a year. I've known him since we were 10 yrs. old.

The other, we were hoping he'd be home by now. They were doing practice jumps &amp; for some reason his 'chute didn't open. He broke his back in four places. They said they were going to send him home, but decided that they needed him worse than we do. He said he's fighting in a body cast. He called the other day to tell us to keep watching the news, he couldn't tell us why.

My heart goes out to all, but specifically PFC Andrew Reagan and airman (don't know rank) Nathan Cantrell.

God Bless You guys &amp; gals.

Brad.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 07:55 PM
87tintopOR

I feel for your loss and understand your pain/feelings
I lost a friend I flew with in the Navy 9/11 at the Pentagon
you have my thoughts and prayers

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode