Grrrr.... Timing Belt - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Grrrr.... Timing Belt

Tell me something, How long are these timing belts suppossed to last? I know that this Sam has had two new belts put in over the last 3 years and now while I was heading home from visiting my cousin in Gainesville it snapped just like that. One minute I'm making great time and then the tach goes dead and engine dies. Thank fully I had my cousin pick up a belt from a parts store(thank God they had one) and I just fixed it on the side of the road.

But that makes 3 in 3 years!!! It had some oil on it so I figured that had something to do with it but couldn't see where the oil was coming from. I have already changed the crank seal and there doesn't seem to be any leaks hitting the ground or on the engine.

If anyone can tell me how long their belts last I would be thankful. I like the Sam but at this point I'm so ready to post some pics and sell it for like 800. bucks or so. I do not wanna worry about when my belt will snap again.

Thanks for any info,

Tom B [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 01:10 PM

Re: Grrrr.... Timing Belt

I haven't had any trouble with mine even though the one on my Rag Top was oil soked for a long time. Perhaps there is another issue in conection with the belt that is causing the brakage.
The one on my Tin Top did get it's Teeth sheared off when my cam sized but that would be expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode