Hurricane PARTY! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Hurricane PARTY!

Well, if this year couldnt get any stranger now we have Izzy to deal with.
My 22' sailboat is pretty much screwed [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img](insurance rocks!)

Im living in a pos motel before i leave for cali [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img].

What to do with the sammi? Im thinking of parking the sammi in a underground three level parking garage, because even though she's tough 100mph winds can do some serious damage.

Then its time to start drinking. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

The funny thing is, nobody here is taking it seriously. I have been through Hugo in NC and that sh*t was crazy!

Guess we will just have to see what happens.

Kamazuki [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 09:45 AM

Re: Hurricane PARTY!

We canceled our honeymoon to do storm prep . We cleaned the roof , cut dead limbs and stuff like that . We have our trusty grundig short wave , batteries , flashlights ,tarps and water .The chainsaw is fueled up and ready to go also . I have been through a lot of canes having grown up on the outer banks . My new wife however has not and she is a wreck ! The only bad thing I am looking at is my homeowners isurance company dropped my wind and rain coverage on the house in Kill Devil Hills and the closing is on Monday ! So hopefully the storm will roll out to sea a bit . Good luck to everyone in the path of this one . And Kama if the sailboat makes it what are you going to do with it ? I dont think the zuk will like towing that beast !
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 11:13 AM

I have all my hurricane supplies...mostly beer and munchies [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I'm only a couple of feet above sea level where I live on the Chesapeake Bay. I think my Hurricane party will be cut short. I know my area will have a manditory evacuation when the storm gets closer. Better start partying now!! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
My biggest worry is if it floods here, I have know way to move my red sammi to higher ground..I'v been preping it for painting and the drivetrain is all in the garage. Maybe without the drive train in it, my zuke will float on it's 33s...LOL.
Good luck to everyone in the path!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Im in the process of trying to sell it, but isabel kinda threw a wrench in the works. Oh, well. Have to wait it out just like everyone else.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 12:28 PM

All the best of luck riding it out guys. We get tornadoes, blizzards and bone-chilling weather here, but never seen anything close to the kind of winds a hurricane can produce.

I guess the only advantage to a hurricane would be the fair warning because unlike tornadoes, blizzards and flash floods a hurricane calls you well in advance to tell you she's coming. [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 09:58 PM

Hurricane party...Come on down here! We are directly in the path!!! I am on the North Carolina line afew miles from Sami Davis and just above Cape Hatteras, Kill Devil Hills, Elizabeth City, etc....the projected "Ground Zero" for Irene. Been busy cleaning up the yard. I have ELEVEN Samurai's to deal with including Greg's (Sami Davis).....damn sure hope they float since I am right on the Elizabeth river only about 10 feet above sea level! Think I'll put a snorkel on my Zuk so I can get out of the driveway on Thursday!

Sean DeVinney
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Party quick, cuz Isabel is about to come our way:

Wunderground 5 day forcast
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 06:58 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have ELEVEN Samurai's to deal with including Greg's (Sami Davis).....

[/ QUOTE ] Just park it at Drews its high above the water there! I have been doing prep too Sean ... All these jeeps are good projectiles! I had to clean up a bit and check on the insurance policys . The Beach house has no wind or rain insurance . My Insurance company decided to drop it last week ! For all of yall reading this ...take lots of pictures of your stuff and burn all your pics in your computer to discs if you have to leave .
I am ready and loaded up with a chainsaw and water and tarps . I am going to put my renetry permit on the window as soon as I figure out the brakes . I want to be able to get back on the beach as soon as the bridge opens so I can take care of my house .
I hope this thing misses all of us !
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Looks like Zookin will be spared!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2003, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

HAHAH, here in DC these morons are acting like nothing coming. There in a for a huge surprise. I dont see any storm prep whatsoever. These fools ever seen 70+mph winds!
NC is going to get rocked, but I think the dc metro area is going to get it worse, and have more damage becuase of lack of preparation. I had to tell the fools at my office to remove the outdoor furniture and ashtrays and stuff like that. PROJECTILES? This place is in for a rude awakening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode