can you sey 3 phase power - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

can you sey 3 phase power

Well I spent the day in the garage building and it works, I just finished making a 5 hp rotory Phase converter so I now have 3 phase in the garage and the new machine works, still have to to some basic referencing and then start putting it to work. First try with the starters and caps and I am less then 5% between all 3 legs not bad I was not looking forward to screwing around playing with caps to get it dialed in... off to the next phase in the startup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 10:23 PM

Re: can you sey 3 phase power

so are you 1 then you have jumped the motor to 3
or did you run the new lines

i have heard that you could dummy ou the 3rd phase or use 2 hots with one jumped out

i have a couple of lights here at the house i reverse feed a 277v transformer so instead of stepping down i pump up the juice looks like a ball field here at night

an who i have a brand new motor thats 3 phase i never used if you need it

thinking of putting it on e-bay someday
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I cant get 3 p into residentual so I built a converter with a 3 phase motor. You run 220 into to legs then field the 2nd leg with caps and a momentary swith to bump it on once it is running the mottor spins up the 3rd leg. what size hp motor do you have the the one I have is a brand new 5hp I got from grainger through a bud that works there so it was reasonble in price, if i have the chance I will switch this out in the future for either a 7.5 or a 10Hp the new mill is only a 2hp but the lathe is 5 so I relly cant load both of them up at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 05:55 AM
Can't Get Enough

thats cool man. let me know when you start makin some CNC parts, id like to see some of the final product.

you may want to check around for an older Southbend lathe. you can still get parts for them and they are usually nice running units...logans are also nice units.

i would shy away from the MSC, MC-Master, house brand stuff. if you go looking at that route you might as well buy a Grizzly. ive heard lots of horror stories trying to deal with msc's tech support on defective machine parts....heck..right now here at work we just got a big vertical metal bandsaw and the table has a bow to it to the tune of almost 1/8" and that is no joke!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Well the route tonight is this, I know you recomended a different lathe then the one I showed you but it is the lesser expensive one and it has the 2" spindle bore which is important, Or I get an Enco that was a little cheaper and has a 3" bore
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Can't Get Enough

if you are going with a grizzly be very careful about internet and catalog specs. sometimes they are not quite right. get ahold of me and i can give you some more info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode