Tracker P/S setup questions.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 08:21 PM
BoOstedZooK

Tracker P/S setup questions....

I have just purchased a pump/box/hoses ect from a 96 Tracker

This is only a temporary setup, so strength is of no concern for me, I am running 31's spooled on a stock axle.

Question one is: What kinds of options do I have for a crank pulley to work with the serp setup on the tracker pump? Would it be cheaper to buy the bling crank pulley from rotational dynamics (are there any other manufacturers)? Or can I find a dual v-belt crank pulley and a replacement pulley for the pump thats v-belt off another vehicle?

What kind of puller did you use to remove the trackers p/s pulley? Just a 2 jaw puller? How do you install it?

On another note, what is all involved with replacing the seal "underneath" the pitman arm? Do I have to dissasemble the box to replace that seal or can I just pop another one on there?

Thanks for your help,
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Tracker P/S setup questions....

I just put the P/S setup and just bought the Calmini kit. It came with the universal to replace the ragjoint the double pulley that matches the serp belt of the tracker stuff, and the stock Sammi stuff, belt, mounting plates and all. Got mine from NCO for about $200. Seemed the easy way to go. Can't help with the seal. Jim
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2003, 04:55 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I would check on the availability of the of the Rotational Dynamics pulley. I believe that they are discontinued....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 04:33 PM
BoOstedZooK

Thanks for your help. For basically a $100 more than just the pulley I can have everything including instructions to make my life easier. Will probably go with the Kit from NCO.

Anyone ever replace that seal though?

Thanks,
Ryan
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2003, 10:40 PM

Never had to replace that seal...never had a bad one....yet. Also consider using the SEARCH button on the BBS to find the P/S system info you need. There have been alot of postings on the good and bad features of each kit (Trail Tough Kit for $129.99 and the Calmini Kit for $200).

Sean DeVinney
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 01:25 AM
BoOstedZooK

What is this? Pirate?

The search feature sucks on this site, sorry man.

The seal might go bad if you hit it with the torch, thanks for your help though, good luck getting your link out too.... [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 07:59 AM

I only mentioned the SEARCH to try to help you, not to cause conflict or attempt to be like some of the guys on PIRATE. I find that it is a valuable tool and it works well in my opinion.....I found several posts on the Calmini VS Trail Tough P/S systems just by typing in "P/S kits".

For removing your pittman arm use a pitman arm puller and a BFH. Place tension on the pittman arm with the puller and then lay the box on concrete (if it is not on the vehicle)and hit the side of the arm with the BFH. If it won't budge leave tension on it for an hour or so and come back and try again. So far I have never needed a torch, but I have had people use them without overheating the shaft and burning out the lower seal.

Glad you like my website! Good Luck!

Sean (Just trying to be Helpful!) DeVinney
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1187355-zukiorange.jpg (5.9 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode