??? About the Chevy Tracker (Suzuki Vitara) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

??? About the Chevy Tracker (Suzuki Vitara)

I had had my 88 samurai for two years and really like it. So, I was wondering about the 99 and up Tracker (vitara). Like how much wheel travel (I think it is 8") and how deep can I take it in the water. I have just bought a 03 two door,soft (two piece) top Chevy Tracker with a auto tranny,2.0. This thing is great. I have owned a 98 tj before and this is much better all around truck. The moter is plenty for the size and the auto tranny is awesome. It has a high and a power range. I was worndering if anyone would care to explane how this works?? Does it just holds the shift points? I have the dealer put on 215's bfg all-terrains on. Or is there a web site for the questions I have?? ZUK ON Draven

Another question. when driving in town, should I leave the transmission in the power mode with overdrive off? Or do I turn on the power buttion while off roading? I guess I am a little excited about my new zuk. I know it is independed supension, but how tough is the front end? I plan on driving this at my primary auto. And I still have the 88 zuk for the tough stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 03:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ??? About the Chevy Tracker (Suzuki Vitara)

The power mode is best for getting on the highway and steep hills where you need power. It richens your fuel mixture and increases the shift points....great for getting to the trails, I don't think it would be good on them though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode