Don't waste big $$ on tt's chromoly shafts.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Don\'t waste big $$ on tt\'s chromoly shafts..

Decided to give TrailToughs double tough front axles a try.
Broke a shaft 2nd trip out with them with 33's and light throttle use In muddy Ruts! And no, my tires do not make anycontact with any part of my fenders or springs. Stock axles with birfields held up to more than these. Talk to Brent, no deal on a replacement shaft. Despite buying many products from him over the last 3 years, t-case gears, locker, spool, etc.

I have meet Brent in person and he seemed like a nice guy but... I don't plan on doing any more business with him.
This post wasn't to trash trailtough, this is the first problem i've had.. it's to maybe HELP SOMEONE ELSE from blowing $620 on crappy axles...That money could do most of an yota swap... Like everyone warned me, don't polish a turd...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 11:50 PM

Re: Don\'t waste big $$ on tt\'s chromoly shafts..

That's disapointing. I was thinking those shafts would make the Zuk frontend strong enough for semi aggressive driving with 33's. I'm going to have a local machine shop make the shafts for me, $100 pair. Then do the smurfield deal to the birfs.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 08:41 AM

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=175972

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

Geez, what a cry baby. Just had to put it on 2 BBS's didn't you.

I own a set of Trail Tough axles also. I run 5.12 diffs with a locker in the front and 33" tires with a 2" offset. Sprinkle in a Sumo II long block and a weber carb. A whole lotta hard core rocks in Idaho to play on, just like Utah.
I've had no problems with my axles. Sure I could have gone to 5 Ton military axles, but the fun is to keep it light weight and mostly suzuki stock.
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the fricken kitchen kid.
If you want sympathy check the dictionary.
If you looking for a refund, aint gonna happen.
If your looking for a low cost replacment, you done burned that bridge kid.

Suck up the pride and just deal with it.
And quit whining.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 11:18 AM

I post on more than one BB too at times. I don't think he was crying, he more informing us with his trouble with these axles. I'd be complaining too. By no means would this deter me from buying TT products. Brents service is top notch. He's answered tech questions for me, and I've never and even bought stuff from him.

Koko
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Oh Oh I get a bad feeling ......
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 11:49 AM

Whereas there's no comment on the wheeling done prior to the breakage, I agree that these axles should not break as fast or as easily as he stated they did - if in fact that's the true case. Maybe, rather than post here, I would have sent the axles back to Brent for him to examine for possible manufacturing flaws. Then give Brent the option to decide if a replacement was warranted or not (Though I know axles are RARELY if ever waranteed). I've done business with Brent many times and he's a VERY generous person. Of course, I can understand the broken axle guy's anger. That's a lot of $$ to spend to have something break as he stated - AND, Brent's advertisement makes these axles sound like they're the "bomb."

Personally, I appreciate this post because I was considering purchasing these axles for my truck. Now I'll take a second look at other options.

If no flaw is found in the axles and it happens to be a case of - wrong place at the wrong time - I think Brent's offer to sell you one at cost is more than generous.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 11:57 AM

Cry a river!!!! [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] Anything can fail! As with most aftermarket parts, there is NO WARRANTY. In all my years drag racing, I never expected one. I have had Moser& Mark Williams axle break! Brent was more than fair to offer you a replacement axle at cost.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:08 PM

how about some pix?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 01:22 PM

I kinda take exception to your reply. Plain put, shut up. You have no input of any value to this thread, so back off. Enjoy your happiness with your pair of axles. Not as many people as you think read at POR and here too. Too lame of a post for you? Go back to POR.

And for the rest, Brent just plain said "tough". Axles break, but the failure to this one was unwarranted. The truck had been wheeled a whole two times. Thats it. They claim Double Tough, but this was worse than stock.

Brent refuses to do anything for Ryan. If he wants to replace it, he pays full price. Brent didn't offer to meet him half way, or offer any other suggestion.

Ryan has purchased half of his truck from Trail Tough, and was giving a fairly earned "heads up" regarding his personal experience and misfortune with this particular product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode