Q's :takeing a tracker offroad for the first time - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Q\'s :takeing a tracker offroad for the first time

My buddy has a early 90's tracker, with some rather impressive meats on it (for stock).. So this weekend we are taking it to the semi annual mud run.. Anyway, here is what I am planning on doing to it over the next couple days:

1 - Trim fenders as the tires do not leave much clearance.

2 - Snorkel. The mud is *VERY* sloppy..

3 - Remove the sway bar..

Now I don't think I should have any problems with the above, but if there are any tips and/or tricks with this, they would be greatly appreciated..

Also, if anyone has any other good suggestions on what I should look at, or seal up to keep dry, this would be awesome..

I'm actually a Jeep guy, and will bring mine out, but have to take care, because it will be towing the tracker, and just can't afford to tow both back [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..

I will be taking some pics of the tracker before/after the mods, as well as during and after the mud run.. I'll come back and let you guys know how it goes..

Hopefully it will work out well, and we'll hang on to the beast and continue working on it. Could turn out to be a great toy.. I have seen some done up, and they do perform well..

I don't have a pic of the tracker as is, but I do of the jeep [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..

Later..

Justin..

Thanks guys / gals..

Justin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Addict

Re: Q\'s :takeing a tracker offroad for the first time

If you get time fabricate a bash plate to go underneath between the front suspension crossmember and the gearbox crossmember. The gearbox xmember catches very easily and is soon wrecked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode