This 16v wiring harness will be the DEATH of me!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Wyld_Bill

This 16v wiring harness will be the DEATH of me!!

O.K. didn't have the $400 laying around last winter so I though "Heck I can do my own wiring harness...how hard can it be,..I mean I'm sure it's not gonna be easy but $400...C'mon"
Well, I worked on it nights after work for about a month then put it away until recently. I'm a licensed electrician & used to install car audio equipment for a living. This thing is kicking my azz. I HATE it!! Even if I do get the motor to run off this harness I won't ever really trust it not to crap out someday.I bought a FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL for the EXACT year, make, model of my Tracker & I've found at least six wires that don't match up with the color that they show in the FSM. The HO2S#1 & #2 SUCK! from the ECM to the actual sensor all the wires change colors like a chameleon walking across a tie dyed T-shirt. If I could go back a year I would have robbed a bank or what ever it took to PAY to have this crap done. Now it is too late because I've done all the wiring so nobody will touch it to rewire the harness probably. I pugged the works in today in my Samurai..the fuel pump wouldn't run but the fuel pump relay was buzzing like a bee. I ran the fuel pump off the battery & I still couldn't get the motor to even TRY to start..ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
Might be going to Zookin in a stock rig [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:43 PM

Re: This 16v wiring harness will be the DEATH of me!!

I had my fuel pump relay buzz like that. It turned out to be the OTHER relay right next to it was bad, but for some reason, that causes the fuel pump relay to buzz.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Wyld_Bill

Re: This 16v wiring harness will be the DEATH of m

I don't think it is the relay. When I turn my key on I get 13 volts for a second then like .5 volts out of the wires that plug onto the coil on the relay [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I had mine done. Way I figured it, it was work a (long) day of overtime to have it done or spend ALOT more time figuring it out. I am an aircraft electrician (avionics) so I do alot of wiring and I HATE dealing with that on my free time. There is someone here that does it for like $250
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Rotozuk

It isn't that bad.. A good trick is to go from the computer out towards the engine. There is a lot of extra junk in that harness that you do not need to worry about. just label each wire as you go. Within a night it will all make sense. The first couple of hours do suck.

Here is a link to my write up for my wiring:
Mitsubishi wiring
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Can't Get Enough

Hang in there Billy...

It can be done [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You're right about the wires changing colors all along the route! That's really a drag!! What I did was lay them ALL open in order to splice in the harness that I paid for (thanks Whazoo) and it still took me days to do... I would estimate around 14-20 hours.... I had a hard time deciphering the colors (lots of the OE splices were different than shown in the FM) but it can be done.... just be patient...

What I did is follow all of the wires from the ECM to the desired local and through trail and error was eventually successful..

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode