Installed an Odyssey battery today - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2003, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Installed an Odyssey battery today

The 3 year old attery that came in my Zuk developed a leak and dribbled fluid all over the inner fender & battery box so I dropped an Odyssey PC680 battery in today. Man that thing is tiny - looks like I've got room for a tool box next to it now. These are similar to the Optima batteries but this one was much cheaper and smaller but with 680 CCA it fires the 1.3L right up. The stock alt should keep it charged since I do not have any power hungry equipment yet. Got it local but they didn't stock the auto style posts for them so I got a couple brass posts from my buddy at the car audio shop and chucked them up in the lathe, drilled & tapped them so they would attach via a couple of 6mm studs. These batteries are popular for motorcycles so no automotive style posts come on them. Never thought I'd have gold plated battery terminals in this truck (LOL). Next project is to make a custom box for it cuz the stock hold down doesn't secure it too well. Glad I have a sheetmetal man in the family! Deer season opens Friday so I'll let ya know if this battery leaves me stranded in the woods or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:35 AM

Re: Installed an Odyssey battery today

Try this site for ideas.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/pc680hd.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:40 AM

LOL holy shizit one inch thick sounds bad arse, keep us posted on how it works that would be pretty cool...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 01:04 PM

Odyssey batteries are dry cell batteries. They are more like the batteries in your flashlight than an Optima. An Optima battery is a standard lead-acid battery but the plates a spirally wrapped around a glass substrate that is supposed to reduce the corrosion and keep them from leaking and they are sealed so you can mount them in most positions.

I had an Optima and it died 1 month after the free replacement date. I've heard great things about the Odyssey batteries though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode