boggers vs mudders? opinions please....... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

boggers vs mudders? opinions please.......

just took the sami off road for the first time today since i bought her. so used to the sidekick, still i can feel the potential in the sami...so far it is a 87 jx stock as the day it was born! i went up a hill climb that i normally do in the kick. i could not make it up in the sami...maybe if i floored it & just beat the crap out of the rig, but that is not going to happen. so this brings me to the forum to ask, would boggers be better than a mud tire & add rear locker, topped off with the CALMINI bolt on spoa set up kit & transfercase / ring & pinion gears? bet that would be the jeeeze.(new word) input fellows? i keep looking at the sidekick in a bad way, (many pieces & parts suddenly missing) ON A GOOD NOTE, i liked the way the sami wheeled offroad compared to the kick...it's a keeper! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: boggers vs mudders? opinions please.......

Boggers and swampers stereotypicaly dig VERY BADLY in "DRY SAND"....

What type of terrain do you have?

A locker in the rear is an EXCELENT idea.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 02:48 AM
Can't Get Enough

Boggers do well in the PNW area's, you do have to remember that the samy has less torq and Horse power than a kick. A T-case and lockers can do wonders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 04:20 PM

boggers = nightmare on street, kick arse off road
I run super swamper SX's on my truck which is not a full daily driver but driven regularly, it rides sweet and the tires perform extremely great offroad..just a thought, but yes boggers seem to grab and sling every bit of ground they lay on [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 03:02 AM
Keyboard Implanted

a couple of the guy's that run boggers on their rig's here and actually drive them on the street on a regular basis (not daily tho) seem to have problems with wheel berrings going bad and they also seem to rattle stuff loose more. But, I'm sure that there are people running these tires that haven't had these problems, I'm just telling you what has happened to there guy's.
IMHO, I like the Swamper TSL's. They do dig into the sand really bad, & I have a h*!! of a time getting up some of the dunes at Attica, where my AT&MT shod friends just shoot rite up them, but I can climb a muddy hill and not even blink!
SO, I guess it all depends on where you're mostly gonna wheel! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 08:16 AM

so wat r boggers like in the rocks?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Old Hand

Around here we don't have JUST rocks or JUST mud. We got muddy rocks!
I've been very impressed with the boggers so far. I went from 31 MTs to 33 boggers & it was like night and day. They (boggers) don't spin half as much. I run around 4psi on the trail & if they start to spin the best thing to do is NOT gas it. Let off & drop the R's down till it almost dies---they'll hook & grab, then put a little go juice to 'em & your up & over.
I would've liked to had 31 boggers, but I lifted mine too much for 31s so had to get 33s.

Brad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode