'93 tracker 3' lift info. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

\'93 tracker 3\' lift info.

I'm thinking of doing a 3'lift on my 93 Suzuki Escudo which is the same as a American Geo Tracker and just look for information on what nessarcery like gear leaver hights, brake line lengths, fan shrouds. Can some one who's done one drop us some hints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Frog

Re: \'93 tracker 3\' lift info.

Not sure..Body lift or suspension lift?

You can always try a search, there is already tons of information on that subject worth reading.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Addict

Like Frog says there are lots of articles out there on both body and suspension lifts. Do a search, IZOOK.com is also a good place to look for that kind of article. As far as the fan shroud is concerned, if you do a body lift, no it probably won't line up as its all bolted to the chassis. I junked mine a long time ago though as it made it impossible to hose the mud out of the radiator. My gearlevers were cut above the pivot points and a length of tube welded in place. Extending them at this point gives far less clearance problems than extending them at the far end. Think about it, do you need the end further back or the whole thing higher?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys I forgot to mention it was a body lift I was thinking of [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].I'll charge into it now with only the enthusiasm that a ture amature can muster ! [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].I would be interested in getting some picures of your zook aswell James if you could email them to me ?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Veteran

it's not bad. I have one on mine and it was easy to install. Like James said, lengthen your shifters. Before jacking up body, remove fuel (petrol?) filler hose .On the left front brake line (on our left hand drive) the hose is mounted to the body so be sure to remove clip from strut to allow enough slack.With yours being a RHD, It may be on the other side. As far as the radiator fan shroud, it all mounts to the frame and not the body so no clearance issues there. One other thing, disconnect the MAP sensor vacuum and electrical connector before jacking up body as I found out the hard way not enough slack was present and it tore the connector apart. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode