LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

bow hunters

any members also bow hunters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 11:48 PM

Re: bow hunters

Not in years, My sholder can't take a heavy bow anymore. So to make it challenging I hunt with hanguns.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

i havent launched an arrow in years, i got the bug and dug
my bow out of storage spent a few hours cleaning it up and checking it out, the plastic on the wire is peeling off, so i figure i better change it out soon, its a bear whitetail hunter II im having trouble finding any info on it on the net, i too use to hunt with a handgun a .357 12 inch
barrel scoped, but due to a few dumbass cops and a incompetent lawyer i lost that right, i had a break in
at my home well it turned out to be my brother i didnt call the cops instead i just asked him what the hell was wrong with him and demanded to know why he did it (drug addict at the time) well he became hostile and we got into a fist fight his girl called the law we both arrested he was charged with public intoxication and i got a domestic violance, and the dumbass cops left out the part of the break in off the report, that was 9 years ago havent hunted
since, never hunted with a bow but i would like to give it a shot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 01:37 AM

Gots me a Hoyt USA.
I love touching Bambi with my 100 grain broadhead, yes I do.
Nothing like the sound of air leaving a deer after it has been hit with a broadhead traveling 300 feet per second. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

any ideas where i can get replacement cables for a vintage compound bow??? after i become more profient with what i got then i plan on getting a more modern compound bow
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 10:05 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I bow hunt, and I teach Archery Safety for the State of Maine. I use a Oneida Aero-Force X-80, but also have a PSE Falcon Recurve I love. That's in addition to the other 10 bows, ranging from a hundred year old English longbow to a all-springsteel-mass-produced-one-piece 70 lb recurve. You could beat someone up with this bow and then shoot it, it's about 1/4" thick and very well made.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 03:57 PM

Maddog, you need to hire a better lawyer and get that conviction overturned.

As for the cable. do you have a decent bow shop around? That, and measure the cable legth carefully. (I
know, fun job while strung, huh? Maybe with your wifes cloth measureing tape?) then see if they sell
that length. Maybe on line? google search on bow cables?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Veteran

I shoot all area 3-D's competitively, bowhunt and love the dying sport of archery as well as bowhunting. As far as the cables, between new cables and a string and setup, may be not much more expensive to get a new bow. I own four, Hoyt cybertec, Hoyt deviator, Hoyt Vortec in fade green/black target model and an Oneida Stealth 2.0.It's my other addiction... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 07:51 PM

I bow hunt down here in Fl. We shoot mostly all Hoyt. I have a striker 2. my friends shoot a hyper tec and a razor tec. Take a look around E-bay and you might find somthing that will work for you, also there are some really good deals on bows as well. When you say vintage how old do you mean it may be time for an upgrade [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

as a matter of fact a few years ago i was offered a job as a prison medic but was told i would need to get my conviction overturned (the prison administrater was a former
sherriff i knew personally) well i got the best lawyer i
could afford and no luck i couldnt even get it exsponged
my next step is to let some more time flow by then im gonna request a governors pardon.
and yes we got a bow shop here, i dont know why they never even crossed my mind?????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode