First ride in my LWB sammi (pics) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

First ride in my LWB sammi (pics)

Got the insurance on my zuk last friday,had to wait till some speeding tickets expired on the 1 st of august.A month parked in the driveway without being able to drive it was hell.

The 87 lwb costs me $$2500.00 and has 74,000 km on it.2 years ago the guy i bought it from had the floor,rocker panels,fenders,and inner fenders replaced.The zuk was then sandblasted in and out and repainted for a total cost of $$1800.00 and i,ve seen the bill.Last winter he put in a new head gasket and starter and 4 brand new winter tires.

So all in all i think i got a good deal.

Filled it full to check the gas mileage before leaving for our happy moose hunting grounds sunday.

Feels really weird driving this little thing when your used to a half ton pickup.

The motor runs good and feels strong although there is a bit of vibration on acceleration and a weird noise coming from the rear.

In no time i was doing 60 mph at 3400 rpm with the stock 205/70/15 tires on it.The ride was rough but i expected it,so you just go slower.We rode for almost 300 km (181 miles) that day for 20 canadian bucks of gas giving me a gas mileage of 30 mpg and that was mountain riding up and down all day.I just could not beleive it,rode for around 10 hours and still a 1/4 tank of gas left,this thing is awesome.

We had an great lunch of fresh pototoes and moose steaks from last year (yum yum).

Now i understand why you need to lower the gearing for bigger tires.While turning around on a little road i backed the rear wheels into a little ditch.Sticking it into 4 hi i really had to rev the sucker to get out.

I asked a friend if he,d like to help me to do a bodylift and he said it was easier to do a sping over saying that most of the time the bolts had to be torched out with the bodylift.

Do you think that a spring over is to much lift for 29 inch tires.I would like to keep it stable for crossing ditchs and sidehills even though i plan on putting on 2 inch bs wheels.

Also would you suggest a grs1 or grs2 for the 29 inch tires.

I don,t do rocks and am not a hardcore 4 wheeler but when i start down an old rode i like to see where it ends [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1162790-Mvc-001s.jpg (39.7 KB, 194 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: First ride in my LWB sammi (pics)

Lunch break
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1162794-Mvc-003s.jpg (39.8 KB, 140 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Moose steaks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1162798-Mvc-004s.jpg (39.9 KB, 126 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 11:24 AM

The spoa will give you about 4 1/2 inches of lift , and still look good with 29" tires and a grs 1 or grs11 will take care of the power you lose going to the bigger tires.

Turk....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Addict

I running 30-9,50 on stock wheels with no type of lift. If I was going to change the tranfer case out the grs1 will go better with the 29 in tires. the grsII goes good with the 32 inch tire.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 01:40 PM

Your LWB looks good Duleau. I would choose a spring-over lift instead of a body lift because believe it or not it will give you a softer ride if you reuse your stock springs. It will also give you the option of going with larger tires in the future if you so wish.

I love Moose meat. A cousin gave me two Moose roasts and bunch of steaks last year and it was the leanest, most tender and tastiest meat I've ever had. You could cut the steaks with your fork it was so tender. I'd love to have it again. Might have to take up hunting - apparently Moose is abundant around these parts.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 03:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Looks great, fun, and yummy, go SPOA, breeze can hook you up, if you can find the parts to initially do rears up front, and cross over steering if you have the cash. If you are ever off camber on a side hill and think you are going to roll, just point the nose downhill...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Love this forum it's addicting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode