Slap me and call me stupid.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Slap me and call me stupid....

The clutch wouldn't engage on my Sami so I crawled under and visually inspected EVERYTHING. I ran my hand over the clutch cable all the way to the firewall. I didn't feel anything so I adjusted the clutch cable. The clutch got worse. So, I drained the oil and though it wasn't awful, I wasn't really happy with the looks so I figured that the tranny was acting up. So, I pulled the tranny, got one from Boyirish6, installed it and the same thing happened. "Damn," I thought, my $350.00 centerforce clutch with 8000 miles on it is shot. So, before I yank the tranny AGAIN, I decide to toss a new clutch cable on just to make sure. Guess what, it was the damn clutch cable. I looked it over a couple of times and finally got a clue where the damage was. The cable housing actually collapsed in on itself. There wasn't really any visual damage and only a slight impression on the cable housing. It wasn't until I opened it up that I saw all the damage... So, now I spent an entire day (in the rain) replacing a tranny when all I needed to do was replace the cable.... UGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:34 PM

Re: Slap me and call me stupid....

Look at the bright side, you have a donor tranny just waitting for ya [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:38 PM

haha !!! Sounds like some of the days Ive been haveing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
well cap'n i can't really call ya stupid because i myself have done the same but i went to the clutch first. and now that i run my petroworks hd clutch, i thought i installed the clutch wrong. then when i pulled the tranny again i screwed up the clutch cable really bad, and when i pulled the cable i found that the cable was clasped right below the raddy.

but on another ?, when you adjust your cable tograb more do you tight or loosen the nut? {yes i know it sounds stupid, but i have been wondering for awhile.}
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 09:49 PM

the adjustment should only change the postion of the clutch pedle so you can release at the top or mid or bottom

the tighter it is the quicker it will release too tight and the throw out bearing will stay in contac all the time and wear out early
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 10:11 PM

Dont have to slap you too hard Pauly.

But I did tell you when you called to REALLY check your cable and you swore it was good!

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:09 AM

I'll sacrifice myself to make you feel a little better. I just replaced the oil pan gasket, the front main seal, the front cam seal and the fuel pump to fix an oil leak that was coming from the valve cover gasket. Apparently at the front of the valve cover, the gasket had fallen away from the seal, the previous owner had put silicon on it and the silicon had failed. I looked just like it was coming from underneath the timing belt cover once I had the oil pan off. I don't know if that fixed the leak at the rear of the motor yet because the battery died and the new one is still charging. And -- I had a friend tell me to check the valve cover gasket first.

I'd add a "happy face" icon, but I can't find the one for being an idiot.

WB
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Has anybody designed a linkage clutch for the sami. Ive killed 4 or 5 cables or in the 4 or 5 years ive had my sami.

Not sure it would be possible to make it but then again im not sure why it wouldnt be possible.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:35 AM
turbodrabbit

Hey pauly, what ever happened to those retread tires?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 04:42 AM
Keyboard Implanted

A Kick cable works I'm told. It's construction is better than the Sami cable and it's 2" shorter. Again, I'm told that it's an easy swap in....
I'm waiting for my Kick cable to arrive and will report my findings......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode