Off Roading Forums banner

are you ready for the melt????????????

647 views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  purevil71 
#1 ·
only a couple more sleeps and i will be on my way down. 24 hr drive
still have a bit of work t do and running out of time fast. i won't get my exo cage done or my rear disks but i will have my traction bar and rock sliders in i hope.
any one else cutting it close getting ready before they leave. i wish you all luck in getting it finnished.

i guess less of this and more work will get me closer sooner.

Sean

See less See more
#5 ·
Got my Zuk washed and vaccuumed, the new Steeering Stabilizer installed (thanks Tim!), the 24 volt taillight harness working, the "SJ-710M" electrical problems fixed...

Need to wash the "SJ-710M", fix the cab softtop, load the equipment, tents & stuff, load the Samurai parts and be ready for a low-speed (50mph) drive across three states starting Monday morning.

(Note to self: Kennel the cat, 9:00am, Dr. Kelley)

Wish me luck!

RangerRick: will your "SJ-710M" be ready?

#6 ·
Last year I thrashed for four whole days to get ready. I hated to burn four days of vacation on it but I had to finish the YJ's and Toy axles up. I have two days before I leave and I need to pull Tranny and t-case and rebuild both. If I'm real lucky I'll re-arch rear springs and build traction bar but most likely run out of time first. At least I'll be there. Robert

#7 ·
well today i got the traction bar in, the front add a leaf removed and the lower front spring put into the rear pack up front, also mad a plate for the dropshackle tof=rest against. I have to thank anton for all his help today.

the only thing left to do si make a spare tire carrier.

Sean

#8 ·
In the passed week I have replaced the left rear axel, moved the locker from the rear to the front, installed the sppl and made/installed custom rock gaurds. Right now my Zuk is sitting on the lift waiting for Auto Zone to open at 8 tomorrow so I can get an axel seal. I checked the tow lights- should be ready to hit the road on Tues. as soon as my wife gets home from work. See you all there!!

#9 ·
I am.. the biggest bummer is I am attending Zukless..

Anyone headed west out of the melt? I am headed it California from the Melt and was looking for some fellow commuters. Plan so far is to head out sunday AM towards the other Badlands (S.D.) and Mt. Rushmore. Goin my way??

G
#10 ·
Nope, but will be thrashing the next few nights, and shouldn't have a problem, knock on wood. Although the last 3 days we've been 3 for 3 on the warning sirens going off. 2 severe thunderstorms, 1 tornado.

#15 ·
Well finished rebuilding tranny, found input gear and the cluster gear it mates with chewed up. Also reinstalled the t-case after fixing problem. Run out of time to replace S'ed sprngs and build traction bar. I still have to fix wipers, figure I'll need them in the Indiana mud. I'm used to rocks and all you need is Rain-X. I'll leave tomorrow (8th) and still need the load parts and tools. Oh and pull out the camping stuff and pack clothes. See everyone there. I'm doing better than last year at least. Robert

G
#18 ·
Got the electric pump installed and wired last night. Forgot a few safety rules in the process, like blocking the tires, and putting it in neutral. Had the wires crossed on the pressure switch and the Sammy started crawling on the starter. Luckily I was staning next to it and not in front of it.

Now I just need the adapter for the safety switch (on its way from Summit Racing via FedEx) and a 90 degree adapter for the inlet side. Then it's hook up the hoses and that'll be done...

Should be good and muddy this weekend after all this rain we're having. Be carefull going thru those pipes under the bridge, probably will be high water on the other side...

#21 ·
I'm loaded and leaving Oklahoma now. Still didn't get a chance to fix the wipers. I heard Indiana got lots of rain so I hope it stops long enough for me to get them working. One to many roll-overs takes its toll on things. Well here I go.

#22 ·
Weather forcast calls for showers Thursday, the clear and cooler for the rest of the weekend! Let's all pray that it holds!! (hope so cuz my tow rig has not top or doors...lol)
can't waite to see how deep the creeks are gonna be this year!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.