drop pitman arms - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 10:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

drop pitman arms

Hello all, I have been reading all the on this site for about six months now and have learned tons and saved tons so thanks alot. I am about to do a custom spring over on my 88 zuk and I think I have gotten all the tips and triks that I need from you all and guys in my local club, but I am needed to buy a drop pitman arm and am trying to find the cheapest price? Any suggestions or any one got one for sell? Also any tidbits on the custom spring over that you think will be helpfull please share the knowledg!! BTW this is my first Zuk and me and my two boys (Greg 5 and Cody 4) have already been beatin the trails with it, worn out the tires that where on it. That is another question what tires to go with after the SPOA my buddy is trying to talk me into buying some military tires I think they are 7.50 X 15. I dont know I am on a budget, but dont like to be stuck either so what do you think?

jmoe [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 03:15 PM
WSB

Re: drop pitman arms

Hey Jmoe,
I have a dropped pitman arm that I'll sell to you, it was only used for approx. 3-4k milles on my 86 Zuk.
It is from RRO, will work with a SPOA. I'll let it go for $50 plus ship&hand. I'm located in NY

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 03:15 PM
WSB

Hey Jmoe,
I have a dropped pitman arm that I'll sell to you, it was only used for approx. 3-4k milles on my 86 Zuk.
It is from RRO, will work with a SPOA. I'll let it go for $50 plus ship&hand. I'm located in NY.
let me know if your interested
wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 05:01 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sounds like you have found a pitman arm, now for the military tires... I have have a set of my 42 willys MB. cant beat them. i wheel on all sorts of terrain. my willys will NEVER see real hard wheelin, so I cant speak how the military tires will hold up under tough conditions. if the army can use them, i would not worry though. i can tell you however, that under nice to moderate trails, they are great!!! are you looking at directional, or non directional? I have nondirectionals on my willys. Now don't everybody get mad because I admit to owning a willys. It after all is a willys, NOT a [email protected]@p!!! ha,ha BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
hope this helps
later
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 05:27 PM
zukikid

i know people who swear by military tires,one thing i heard though from more than one person is most of those are real bad on ice so if you got um they will do you right ,but stpping on iceis like being on almost bald tires
zukikid

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 06:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

dont know there man, my MB only sees nice weather, and very little wheelin.
bb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 06:49 PM

My suggestion on tires for general use would be 30x9.50 or 31x10.50 mud tires mounted on 15x7 rims.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 06:52 PM
WSB

Hey Jmoe,
I think that the shipping & handling would only be about 5-7 dollars to where you are located.
Wayne

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 09:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

About how to do a custom SPOA, I have a post on my web-page on how to do a SPOA on a budget! Take a look and see what you think, it might help ya, if you never done or seen a SPOA done before. I have a friend that put 31's on after he did his SPOA and then he put a 2" body lift and 1.5" shackles and has 33" Muds on, looks good that way! Its what you want, and what kind of wheeling you do!
Good luck!

Brian [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode