buying a 2.8 chevy Samurai Help!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

buying a 2.8 chevy Samurai Help!!

I am looking at buying a 87 Samurai that has been converted to v-6 chevy. I think it is the small one out of the
Camaro. It is probably a homade conversion but it looks okay. (I can get it cheap) The Transfer case is stuck in
neutral. It looks like they have prefabbed a short driveshaft from the auto trans to the t-case. It has spoa
so the clearance looks okay on the oilpan. Is there usually a problem with engine cooling? Looks like it
still has the SAmmy radiator. Any tips or problems related to this swap would be appreciated. He says tge
t-case is stuck in nuetral, Do you think I could get it in 2wd someway to drive it home? The body is rust and
dent free...And I can get it cheap. Let me hear your two cents or warnings THANKS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 09:14 PM

Re: buying a 2.8 chevy Samurai Help!!

The only problems I've heard of with the 2.8l is the crank. I personally havn't had much broblems with them and I've owned several of them(only one that blew the crank after over reving it). I'm interested in doing this swap myself is there anyway you can get any pictures of the swap? e-mail me at [email protected] with any details. BTW how much is it going for?
Adam

Big Bear,

I'm not crazy,I'm perfectly INSANE![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have personally had an experience with the T-Case lever thing. It always seems to fail in nuetral when you try to shift between 4W LO and High. It is a quick and easy fix, but I do not see a way to drive it home (mine failed FAR away from home, with no other vehicles, so I tried). I ended up taking my transfer case out to fix it, but I think that I heard that you can fix it just by taking the lever out from the cab.(I don't know how though?) Anyways, it is a pretty easy fix, I wouldn't let it deter you from buying it, but I doubt if you will drive it home with out fixing it there. Just a little of my experience.

Marcus

http://www.izook.com/faq/faq_commonquestions.htm look at #5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 08:21 AM
pook

hi i also have been looking at puting a 2.8 in a zook so if you could post any pictures or fab. info it will really be helpfull.
or e mail me at [email protected] com .com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 09:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like the 'ol shifter sheet problem in the t-case. You can remove the shifter easily, and use a big flat-head screwdriver to pop the rail(s) back into place & it should be fine until somebody tries to shift it again.

Tim J

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2000, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sounds like you're about to get a sammi at a steal. might want to keep the easy repair thing to yourself during negotiations..........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode