Sami Using LandCruiser Parts. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 08:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sami Using LandCruiser Parts.

I am new to the sami scene and have some questions. I have heard of people using Land Cruiser axles under a Sami and something about using Land Cruiser springs under the Sami too. Anyone on the list doing this and what do you have to do to make them work? Also what about driveshafts and any other mods needed to make it work and what type of lift are we talking when going Spring Over using the Cruiser axles and maybe springs?

Thanks
IronPig

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 08:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sami Using LandCruiser Parts.

Bag the idea on the springs. Cruisers weigh a couple thousand lbs more than Samurais and you'll have the world's stiffest non-flexiest ride if you use them.

You can use TLC axles. The offset on the diffs is correct which makes them a better choice than Toy pickup axles. Things you'll need to adapt would be the braking system, steering system, and driveshafts.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 11:01 AM

Hey IronPig, let me know how much you pay on the axles, I cant find them for under 2000.$ with the lockers in them as well. I think you need to find two front yokes and lockers and stick one set in a rear axle. It was something I looked into but became too costly. Good luck and keep us all posted. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 11:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks. I can get a set of nice springs made with all the goodies for a good price. We have a few local spring manufactures in my area. As for the axles I can buy a whole parts FJ40 for cheap and then sale what I dont use. So I can spend a lot less then 800 for both axles and stuff and at times even less money depending on the rustiness of the 40 or 55. BTW the FJ55 uses the same drivetrain as the 40 except they have a rear swaybar. Other then that they are identical.
Thanks again

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 06:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glenn got the basics on this, I have used Toyota truck axles myself. The main problem with cruiser axles is cost for parts, and gear selection stops at 4:88, of course with a GRS2 and 4:88's I think you can run 35's OK. there are 3 different cruiser axles years also, an early was weak, then the middle was strong, with out disc brakes, then the last was strong with disc brakes. The brakes can be swapped with a Toy mini truck brakes for easy discs.

Sky.
85 ext cab, green, flatbed, external cage, locked, swampers, air, and misc suzuki's.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2000, 06:53 PM

About a year ago, I was thinking about using the LC axles and bought a rear axle from a 77 FJ40. I have since decided not to use the axle and
I'll sell it for $150 plus shipping if anyone's interested. I believe it has 3.73 gears and no locker.

BTW, I'm located in Columbus, Georgia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode