I don't know if this will help, but...........
I found a neat idea for a bumper that anyone can do with basic tools (no welder). It was just a piece of rectangular steel tubing. You drill some holes in it to fit u-bolt ends through. The u-bolts go around the tube crossmember on the front of the Samurai. Then the threaded ends go through the bumper and nuts are put on the ends to secure it. They didn't have a picture, but off the top of my head I would imagine you would use four u-bolts, two per side to go on either side of the frame rails (? haven't looked at it yet). You could put the signal lights in the bumper, behind the grill or on the front of the hood.
(BTW, I would fill the crossmember with a thick walled steel tube that just fits snug, for added strength)
I don't know if this will work with an extended frame S/R etc., but it's worth looking into. It might be just a matter of notching it.
BTW, I did my rear CJ swap yesterday..........I did it in a rush because I needed to get done in time to meet some guys for a run. Bad idea.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I should have taken my time and done it right the first time. I ended up moving the axle to far to the rear and had a pretty severe shackle angle.
The shackle angle wasn't much of a worry other than they would hit the tow loops in the back when I hit bumps at speed. The problem was moving the axle backwards too far, I ended up rubbing pretty bad and cut my tires up badly. Oh well, more siping for better traction I guess.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Also, the shocks were too short and hard to get in now that the axle was moved so I left those off for the run. I might have to relocate the mounts or I might be able to get away with just extending the e-brake guide farther away from the axle housing (e-brake line intefers with shock).
The driveshaft is extended a little more than I would like too. I didn't have any problems last night with it, but I don't think it will like it long term so some driveshaft spacers are going to be needed.
So..........back to the drawing board.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
I need to move the spring eye mounting point a little farther forward (1.25" was what I did). I want to drop them an 1" or so too. I need longer shocks and driveshaft spacers.
I'll get it all worked out sooner or later. For now the CJ springs are coming off and I'll be grinding them and spraying them with Hammerite. The old springs are going back for now, and I guess I'll just have to put the 235s on when I want to 'wheel. Did fine with them before anyway.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Keep ya posted.